The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Got my aging ass outside and walked over to have a look at this for myself. IMO, it's one of the most significant projects going up in the city for many years. Romanticism aside, North Station/Boston Garden were really dumpy with a filthy El, dive bars and topless joints for surroundings. Never thought I would see such a transformation in my lifetime.

i used to know this area intimately. Used to do a lot of skateboarding on breaktimes in the wee hours. Powerslides, and all of Causeway to do as pleased at 3:00 am. It was another world. Seedy. It has been a near shocking transformation.

Is it just me, or is this a very sporty schedule to try to have the new grand entrance ready for the Celtics/Bruins season?

Will this be taller than the Avalon, or the same height? Im too lazy to go digging.

Will this be taller than the Avalon, or the same height? Im too lazy to go digging.

According to Wikipedia (so take it for what it's worth), Avalon is 449. The residential tower here is supposed to be 495. Looks like 466 to highest floor and then 29 feet of mechanicals.

Is it just me, or is this a very sporty schedule to try to have the new grand entrance ready for the Celtics/Bruins season?

It will be close. The first Bruins regular season game is October 8 so that gives them about 7 more weeks. In one BeeLine's pics it looks like the escalators are already being installed.

Great view leading up to the Zakim. It was weird having our waterfront skyline on the fort point channel vs Charles river/Zakim. Its about time that the Charles river is getting the same treatment now. It was weird when you were coming into the city south on 93 that when you were away from the city you can see the skyline, but once you were on the Zakim the skyline disappeared behind the Garden and some low rises since it was far away. Now finally the skyline comes right up to this edge of the city too and with the Victor and Merano you dive right under the city. Going to be a substantial cluster with these, the garden garage tower, and then the govt ctr towers will be noticeable as well.

Great Photos. Any idea where we are height wise on this thing? The top floor always looked like it was double the first plateau in the renders. Seems like we're approaching that shortly..

Great Photos. Any idea where we are height wise on this thing? The top floor always looked like it was double the first plateau in the renders. Seems like we're approaching that shortly..

According to Wikipedia (so take it for what it's worth), Avalon is 449. The residential tower here is supposed to be 495. Looks like 466 to highest floor and then 29 feet of mechanicals.

Already addressed.

yes! thank you but i was looking as to where people think we are today not the overall height of the project

It's at 27 poured floors against what, 38? The bottom podium floors are also on the larger side.

For a very rudimentary calculation... 27/38 * 495 = 351'. Core is obviously even higher.

The height of the minimum floor-to-floor for early 80's office construction (~12'-8") + the top 3 floors (a couple of feet taller) + lobby renders ~542' for Exchange Place.... careful surveying indicates 540~542' making those beautiful walls of glass the 10th tallest tower in Boston (you can take it to the bank).

There's a fascist wiki moderator that requires an act of Congress to change the official height. i offered the precise floor-to-floor minutia and the political reasons that caused the floors containing mechanical equipment never to be added into the final (actual) height of the tower.... plus the ~730 other such examples of mechanical floors being left off tower heights in Boston....

The White administration never gave the mechanical floor-added height/s for Exchange Place because of the "tesoro" built environment put under shadow.... It became such a hot political issue at the time -- that Raymond Flynn decreed that no tower would ever breach past 400' (or was it 450') again in our lifetimes.... For obvious reasons, the Flynn administration decided to let sleeping dogs lie (not reporting the abysmal thing was actually taller). This explains why Exchange Place's "fake height" persists....

Flynn's promise that a tallish tower would never ever again be built in Boston caused a lot of trouble for Don Chiofaro and Intl Place.... *After about 30 months of bloody trench warfare, Flynn was finally persuaded to make an allowance for IP, as the shadow impact was fairly minimal.

floors 2-38 = ~494'

Lobby 22'

floors 39/40 ~30'

roof fascia at 40th floor ~5'

top mechanical floor ~16'

#Stop internet fascism and building height non-truth in our time.

Last edited:
The exposed beams by the current North Station entrance are starting to look more complete. The glass behind is also going in. Looks very industrial and hides the rather modern glass behind it. I like it.

There's a fascist wiki moderator that requires an act of Congress to change the official height. i offered the precise floor-to-floor minutia and the political reasons that caused the floors containing mechanical equipment never to be added into the final (actual) height of the tower.... plus the ~730 other such examples of mechanical floors being left off tower heights in Boston....

Looking over the edit history, it's probably because you keep adding information to wiki without any explanation of where it comes from or why what you add should be trusted. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...&type=revision&diff=853476047&oldid=853134238

The height of the minimum floor-to-floor for early 80's office construction (~12'-8") + the top 3 floors (a couple of feet taller) + lobby renders ~542' for Exchange Place.... careful surveying indicates 540~542' making those beautiful walls of glass the 10th tallest tower in Boston (you can take it to the bank).

The White administration never gave the mechanical floor-added height/s for Exchange Place because of the "tesoro" built environment put under shadow.... It became such a hot political issue at the time -- that Raymond Flynn decreed that no tower would ever breach past 400' (or was it 450') again in our lifetimes.... For obvious reasons, the Flynn administration decided to let sleeping dogs lie (not reporting the abysmal thing was actually taller). This explains why Exchange Place's "fake height" persists....

Flynn's promise that a tallish tower would never ever again be built in Boston caused a lot of trouble for Don Chiofaro and Intl Place.... *After about 30 months of bloody trench warfare, Flynn was finally persuaded to make an allowance for IP, as the shadow impact was fairly minimal.

floors 2-38 = ~494'

Lobby 22'

floors 39/40 ~30'

roof fascia at 40th floor ~5'

top mechanical floor ~16'

#Stop internet fascism and building height non-truth in our time.
I don't think you understand how the world works. When you put something up as "facts" you need sources that confirm those "facts", not some rudimentary calculation that you make in your head that isn't confirmed elsewhere.

How about instead of "stop internet fascism," we start a movement educating people on what makes a fact a fact. We already have half the country posting shit that has no source to back it up. We don't need more "alternative facts."

Goddam Odurandina... You're like if BostonBred spoke like Whighlander.

Back