The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

8F9C44C6-949D-4320-A944-80EE04A7CBAE_zpsukifftzk.jpeg

Once the govt ctr office tower is built this is priiiime real estate. Next door to a 600+ footer, a couple buildings down from the hub on causeway, bridges the gap between the two. Blank wall and everything just waiting for a tower to rise right there. Its a triangular plot too could be interesting. Then if they return to the original plan with a tower in the courtyard of the court it can be even greater. Then we all know theres tonsss of land around NST. Could make for an interesting modern cluster of towers in the area.

They should build (/ should have built) a tower on top of the building with the arch at the head of Merrimac street too. It's (probably) too young for the facedectomy treatment, but it would be a great podium for a tower.

There are several surface lots in the Triangle that will hopefully be redeveloped. Going through a full BPDA approval process for some of the smaller lots probably isn't feasible though.

Zoning for Bullfinch Triangle is 100' ...but somehow, they pushed through zoning relief for The Victor, 1 Canal, and 104 Canal (unbuilt) for extra 70~90'...

Anyone know the details?

Zoning for Bullfinch Triangle is 100' ...but somehow, they pushed through zoning relief for The Victor, 1 Canal, and 104 Canal (unbuilt) for extra 70~90'...

Anyone know the details?

The BPDA specializes in approving projects requiring significant height variances/zoning relief, which then get rubber-stamped at Zoning Board. It's much easier to allow for an incessant series of exceptions to the rule, rather than the much-dreaded alternative: going back to the community as part of a process to actually update--and therefore, theoretically adhere to--zoning subdistricts that haven't been revamped in literally decades. (Hello, Midtown Cultural District, 1989...)

Any update on the office tower build timeline upon the east podium?

Sure looks like they're finishing off the podium and buttoning up for winter (e.g. paneling the mechanicals penthouse), which raises the question when they'll drop Oath's tower on top.

The BPDA specializes in approving projects requiring significant height variances/zoning relief, which then get rubber-stamped at Zoning Board. It's much easier to allow for an incessant series of exceptions to the rule, rather than the much-dreaded alternative: going back to the community as part of a process to actually update--and therefore, theoretically adhere to--zoning subdistricts that haven't been revamped in literally decades. (Hello, Midtown Cultural District, 1989...)

Its also much easier to allow a skyscraper at that site when you have two brand new towers on the other side of the street from you and where your proposing. If its 10 years ago and you just wanna propose a 600 footer for that lot in the center of Bulfinch Truliangle it would be great, but definitely met with more backlash.

The horizontal panels look too much like steel I-beams with vertical web stiffeners. Would've been better without the vertical webs in them.

That is the aesthetic ... right? Industrial chic. You just cant put an exposed w-section up there though ... so you great the look.

cca

Yea hes saying if it just looked like I beams without the vertical lines.

I'm sorry that I have no opinion on the aesthetics, except that I like it entirely.

If I may grind a different axe here: any sign that the CR-Subway connector is going to open as promised in October?

While I suppose millions will ultimately decide if their aesthetics are offended, to me the greater injustice is how long umpteen-thousand commuters a day have gone without a direct connection between two stations (CR & Subway) that promised to be "North Station"

And how nobody in government insisted that the tunnel be completed much earlier in the process--the thing is on the basement and ground levels.

Are you talking about how when you arrived at North Station you had to go outside and then cross the friggin street to get to the other station if you were switching from the Commuter Rail to the Green Line? It was soo obnoxious that that used to be something that you had to do here lol... How left over from old school Boston is that shit? Soo stupid, so its about time some friggin common sense comes into play here for once. Lets keep this common sense train rolling, now that were on it lets never jump off. At least while its moving lets fix as many things as we can that could benefit greatly from a little common sense.

Last edited:
I didn't realize there were going to be escalators here, the rendering had stairs.

Anyone know the reliability of an escalator for a 0 degree winter night? lol

When they break they'll be stairs..

Back