The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Seriously, the exposed concrete framing looks far better on the tower than the lower floors' completed glass cladding. The concrete framing should have been left exposed with floor-to-ceiling windows installed inside the framing.

We say this on a bunch of projects, but exposing structural concrete to the elements is generally not a good way to go when it comes to thermal insulation and general building maintenance.

The concrete framing should have been left exposed with floor-to-ceiling windows installed inside the framing.

Miami has mostly painted concrete buildings that all look like total crap. Chicago's NEMA has a similar design to what you are describing and is also subpar IMO. Exposed concrete on residentials is not a very nice look.

Exactly. I always thought the entire development looks very asian.

About the exposed concrete; I agree with the concerns. Some narrow cladding to cover only the concrete would be wise, but still go with the floor to ceiling windows between the narrow strips of cladding over the concrete. I just think having each individual floor showing makes the tower look taller and more attractive than the multi-floor random rectangles in the actual design.

Been saying this is horrible cladding and they should have left the office alone and redesigned this. More colossal order windows! Wooo!! Plus a randomness thrown in there to make it even worse. You have the stilts, the stupid notch coming on the roof, colossal order, and randomness. Not a great recipe. I think it will look ok from 93 and the greenway though. Probably better from 93 because no notch. Those are the thin sides though that show every floor.

Why not commission a local artist to paint the entire tunnel? The city has done this with street utility boxes to fantastic results.

Glenwood Management is well know for doing exposed concrete floor plates on their buildings. Here's is one example near me. It works ok on the newer buildings, but not so much on some of the older ones with dark cladding / brick and then the light strip of concrete.

Why not commission a local artist to paint the entire tunnel? The city has done this with street utility boxes to fantastic results.

Sort of... I like the wrapped ones that Newton has done better than the painted ones, which get vandalized and look dated quickly.

It's not complicated with these tunnels. Clean them, light them brightly (with white/sunlight LEDs), and clean the light fixtures. You do those things, and it will be pleasant. Don't do them (as the MBTA regularly doesn't) and they become creepy.

Big Night Entertainment and Live Nation plan to open a concert venue next fall at the Hub on Causeway project, now under construction alongside the Garden. Called “Big Night Live,” it will accommodate an audience of about 1,500 for a live performance, 2,000 people in all.
The $25 million concert hall, with a 200-seat Mexican restaurant attached, will occupy a 40,000-square-foot floor of the Hub on Causeway project.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...rth-station/StmWSwIaDV1PWxpLM9DYfP/story.html

^^It sounds like the 200-seat 'attached' restaurant is independent of the concert venue capacity. I'd think 'audience of about 1,500' + performers and staff would merit a 2,000-person capacity estimate.

Forget the skyline. This thing looks like five separate buildings from Causeway. Hate it if you must, but to me it, from the street, it adds variety and depth. Call it Disney, but the two wings of the hotel seem like different buildings from street level it’s very interesting to look at visually (at least at night). The two sides of the podium are clearly meant not to be considered together. And the residential tower dominates the neighborhood long before you get near it. And Argue about the business tower, but that will add a sixth different look.

Back