The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

The Hub is spectacular.

Taken last night before the C's game:

49523783_10213615188874159_4117555223638048768_o.jpg

Is there any connection to the inside of the garden behind that glass?

The Hub is spectacular.

Taken last night before the C's game:

49523783_10213615188874159_4117555223638048768_o.jpg

Based on the renders, there should have been some LED marquee/ribbon boards along the left side of the atrium or in later renders, over the main entrance to the Garden. Did you see any clues as to them being installed in the future, or do you think they might have been VE'd out?

The atrium - while impressive - seems a bit sterile without them.

With the ground level, people/furnishings finished behind the windows, new signs, fold up windows etc... it wont look so sterile.

TheHubOnCauseway-Rendering-2-1.jpg

I really hope the screens go in that play the games for a great public area for crowds to watch playoff games. This area is going to be great b-roll for games.

BeeLine, there's more artistry in this photo than in most of the buildings you've framed. It's rare to find such dense historical narrative in a still picture. Well done!

Last edited:
BeeLine, there's more artistry in this photo than in most of the buildings you've framed. It's rare to find such dense historical narrative in a still picture. Well done!

BB. Thanks for the feedback. Will try to do better once I get back to NE.

I think he's saying that your photos are good and the buildings are bad.

Yup. The old warehouse in the foreground is the best (and also the oldest). The Zakim and the Hancock are modern icons. As Alex Ross might say, the rest is noise.

Today it Looks like they are adding to the tower crane on the office tower side of this project.

Today it Looks like they are adding to the tower crane on the office tower side of this project.
The Legends way exit to the Garden (the one mostly replaced by the subway tunnel) is closing on Monday, presumably to allow them to stage materials for the office tower.

The Legends way exit to the Garden (the one mostly replaced by the subway tunnel) is closing on Monday, presumably to allow them to stage materials for the office tower.

The lot at the end of Legends Way has seen some activity and movement too. Highly likely that's where the staging will be. The facade mockup is there now, and I believe it's for the office tower portion. Have we seen that yet?

The lot at the end of Legends Way has seen some activity and movement too. Highly likely that's where the staging will be. The facade mockup is there now, and I believe it's for the office tower portion. Have we seen that yet?
This is a Crazy Real Estate Pitch, but I'd love to see that lot developed into another residential tower.

This is a Crazy Real Estate Pitch, but I'd love to see that lot developed into another residential tower.

I'll up the crazy by 1. Imagine now that this new development was also built above the tracks and followed the curvature of the adjacent highway ramps. That would be one slick looking development. But even without that - just building on the open lot would present an opportunity for a tall, slender tower. One issue is that they could not build directly against the Garden because of the small window/tower portion protruding near the corner. Guessing DN wouldn't want that covered up.
Chances of this ever happening... 2.6%.

^^here??

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...32d335fe5ed797a8!8m2!3d42.366198!4d-71.062146

Yes!!!

or here??

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...32d335fe5ed797a8!8m2!3d42.366198!4d-71.062146

They would have to put in spaces for future tracks.... but yes! a tower on either of these sites would be epic! Especially the former!

Yup. The old warehouse in the foreground is the best (and also the oldest). The Zakim and the Hancock are modern icons. As Alex Ross might say, the rest is noise.

You're right. That photo is INSANE. Thanks Beeline!

I used the tunnel *at the AM rush*, to transfer from CR to GL. It worked well, even at a near-peak time (8:15am). It did not feel "crushy" and I expect it could probably double its throughput before it bogged down (it never felt as bad as the walk under the scaffolding).

I will say (again) that one reason why it seems better than the walk under the scaffolding is that some of the former crush has been diverted and now walks straight out the front door.

Last edited:

I believe the old warehouse is the Ropewalk.

Back