The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Hes probably asking cuz theres been no word of a topping out ceremony, Im sure they had one Ill look.

Hell yeah "Garden District"

Among other reasons I love it because this is by far the least green corner of Boston.

Later shortened by hipsters to "The 'Den."

That works, but it's not hipster enough. "GarDi" is more hipster. We want to be like NYC, remember? DUMBO, TriBeCa, SoHo, etc. I can picture telling friends through my beard, "We got free-trade organic cold brew at Equal Exchange before the Celtics game (I wore my [insert obscure former Celtics player here] jersey) and had a flight of limited-release DIPAs at Night Shift afterwards."

Personally, I like Causeway Bulfinch West End Barrio, or "CauBWEB."

I hope West End re-emerges as a name.

Speaking of NYC, we now have "Far West Chlelsea" (Chelsea is already west) as people are building west of 9th avenue and (the horror) all the way to the West Side Hwy.

We also have some failures, "MiMa", MIdtown MAnhattan. Basically, the renaming effort was pushed by the developer of a giant condo/apartment/Yo-tel on west 42nd.

Some are TBD. I live in Hudson Yards and strangely enough, there are a decent number of New Yorkers who have no idea what it is.

That works, but it's not hipster enough. "GarDi" is more hipster. We want to be like NYC, remember? DUMBO, TriBeCa, SoHo, etc. I can picture telling friends through my beard, "We got free-trade organic cold brew at Equal Exchange before the Celtics game (I wore my [insert obscure former Celtics player here] jersey) and had a flight of limited-release DIPAs at Night Shift afterwards."

Personally, I like Causeway Bulfinch West End Barrio, or "CauBWEB."

Don't blame the hipsters... Hipsters are victims of middle aged marketers. I believe they were just being stereotyped and marketed to rather than coming up with those names on their own.

And it is pronounced "Bahston Gahden"... especially after a game.

How about The "ByGahden"?

Don't blame the hipsters... Hipsters are victims of middle aged marketers.

Right, those shortened portmanteau names are decidedly un-hipster. Remember that a "hipster" is not at all the same thing as "one that is 'hip.'" "Hipster" culture is generally more into faux-traditional / natural than new and cutting edge (e.g., "hipsters" hang out in JP and Somerville, not the Seaport). Think craft breweries or "hipster restaurants;" none of those places have shortened portmanteau names.

"Hipster" neighborhood names would sound more like "Hell's Kitchen," "the West Village," or "the Meatpacking District" than "DUMBO," "TriBeCa," or "SoHo." (I might even say that London's "Soho" name could be "hipster" but New York's is definitely not.)

Right, those shortened portmanteau names are decidedly un-hipster. Remember that a "hipster" is not at all the same thing as "one that is 'hip.'" "Hipster" culture is generally more into faux-traditional / natural than new and cutting edge (e.g., "hipsters" hang out in JP and Somerville, not the Seaport). Think craft breweries or "hipster restaurants;" none of those places have shortened portmanteau names.

"Hipster" neighborhood names would sound more like "Hell's Kitchen," "the West Village," or "the Meatpacking District" than "DUMBO," "TriBeCa," or "SoHo." (I might even say that London's "Soho" name could be "hipster" but New York's is definitely not.)

Yes,
Hipster is calling kraft mayo + sriracha "spicy fire-roasted pepper aioli"

Hipster is not shortening things.

Terminal District? Lower Basin? Old Mill Pond? North Cove? Copps Hill Flats? The North Valley? The Triangle? The Top End? The Bull End? The Cause? Two Dams? Three Bridges? The North Portal? Revere Crossing? North Wharfs? The South Bank?

Or we could go all-in on the irony and just call it "The Metroplex"

Hipsterism rejects the mass-produced, rat-raced, suburban invisibility that hipsters' Boomer-generation parents subjected themselves to in the '90s.

In response, hipsterism injects nuance and self-importance into the mundane that we're all stuck with.

(I am not millennial bashing here - I actually think this was a perfectly understandable response to Boomerism).

So...think of a more complex name for a train station...how about "terminal"....and we need to find a way to skip backwards over the conformity era....so what was here before? ...if you go back to pre-1927, it was Union Station...

So how about Union Terminal

EDIT: CSTH, I love it - you beat me to it, but we both arrived at "terminal"...terminal is totally the hipster word for train station.

Terminal District? Lower Basin? Old Mill Pond? North Cove? Copps Hill Flats? The North Valley? The Triangle? The Top End? The Bull End? The Cause? Two Dams? Three Bridges? The North Portal? Revere Crossing? North Wharfs? The South Bank?

Charles Locks? Causeway Commons? Northside Terminal? Bulfinch Crossing (OOPS, taken!)

North Yards? Causeway Yards? Garden Yards? Canal District? Middlesex Landing? The Incline? The Lower Deck?

Back