The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

^ Well done CSTH and bigpicture. This is the great king of tangential cultural commentary that I love finding on aB.

But really, another great "hipster" name for this neighborhood would be "the Bulfinch Triangle"...

Genius that you both came up with 'terminal.'

If only they had never whiffed on this 'Uptown' publicity scheme

and just partnered up with Avalon Nashua Street, and renamed the 2 resident towers

'Uptown Terminal:' it'd probably gone over like a knife through butter–

and who knows – maybe it would have spread to the neighborhood.

To compare; i've never been crazy about 'Bulfinch Crossing.'

That works, but it's not hipster enough. "GarDi" is more hipster. We want to be like NYC, remember? DUMBO, TriBeCa, SoHo, etc. I can picture telling friends through my beard, "We got free-trade organic cold brew at Equal Exchange before the Celtics game (I wore my [insert obscure former Celtics player here] jersey) and had a flight of limited-release DIPAs at Night Shift afterwards."

Personally, I like Causeway Bulfinch West End Barrio, or "CauBWEB."

CaubWeb Hahahahahahah

Yes folks, last time we checked at 16:10, traffic was moving very nicely in both directions over the Zakim!! ;) Gotta love these live cams!!

i just clicked on 4 projects only to find the next totally rad thread bumped!

Damn that looks cold!

I'm very happy with how this is turning out... great facade, slick, impactful, and just the right height.

The dark blue cladding on the tower, two photos above, coupled with its geometric offset every few floors, bothers me. In that photo it's dark blue, in the last photo it isn't, determined by the reflected light. So it probably won't look that stark.

This looks really good from Eagle Hill...

46987628001_6ab002b5aa.jpg

46987628131_3307b8592d.jpg

Thats what I love is how each tower adds a new sight line somewhere. Thats what you dont get from renders is this. Every tower that goes up adds new views to places you wouldnt expect and that hadnt had them before. One of the ones I always think of that Ive said before is how North Station Tower can be seen from the road right near Mt Auburn hospital where nothing from the skyline was visible before. That second pic above is an awesome example.

This looks really good from Eagle Hill...
46987628131_3307b8592d.jpg

Strictly speaking, this is the foot of Eagle Hill, corner of Bennington and Putnam. My grandfather's barbershop was on the opposite corner.

The Avalon tower and the Hub towers are the most prominent things on the skyline as you drive the length of Bennington Street from Orient Heights.

Last edited:
I just noticed what seems like the large distance between the O’Neil building and the hotel side of the Hub; about 15 steps, so 30 feet or more. What’s going there? There’s not nearly that much between O’Neil and Avalon.

Why add unwanted weight? For that matter, why is concrete desirable
for the top 8, 10, 12 floors of any highrise?

^ Concrete is better for sound insulation, and to combat elevator vibrations and building sway, all attributes a developer (and tenants) will want in the highest-priced floors in the building.

Back