The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Equilibria

Reaction score
Verizon retains a 10 percent stake. I think Apollo will re-brand it, and to something other than Oath.
I think there's enough equity in the Yahoo name (mostly because of Fantasy Football) that the whole thing will be renamed "Yahoo".

markhb

Reaction score
I think there's enough equity in the Yahoo name (mostly because of Fantasy Football) that the whole thing will be renamed "Yahoo".
Per CNN that's actually the case:
The sale includes AOL and Yahoo, which Verizon bought for a combined $9 billion in recent years. Verizon will retain a 10% stake in the spin off and the Verizon Media Group name will be changed to just Yahoo.

type001

Reaction score
From 5/3, posting the same pic in 2 sizes. I think this building is underrated. Other than the proportions, it's very unique for New England.
Completely agree. I still strongly believe that if the same exact thing was going up somewhere near the hi-line in NY, people would be like "Why can't we get something cool like that in Boston?"

kz1000ps

Reaction score
I appreciate that industrial window look. Granted, pretty much the only time I notice it is driving in on I-93 but from that vantage point it stands out from the crowd and I like it.

Dimitri71

Reaction score
Besides the base, the Verizon building is slowly growing on me. At the very least it's a unique addition. However, the residential building next door is quickly becoming the most disappointing edifice in that cluster - everything about it is 2nd rate.

Last edited:

gac108

Reaction score
Besides the base, the Verizon building is slowly growing on me. At the very least it's a unique addition. However, the residential building next door is quickly becoming the most disappointing edifice in that cluster - everything about it is 2nd rate.
The tacky advertisement with the taxicab yellow and the "Yes, this is a pool" across the top is just so hideous, I can't believe anyone who can afford to live there would want to.

AmericanFolkLegend

Reaction score
Great pics from the BH Monument DZH. It's amazing to think that 5 years ago none of those buildings were in a view of the Boston skyline from the Monument.

kz1000ps

Reaction score
When I stop to look at it I find myself thinking it's sleek and modern without trying too hard, but the problem is I never stop to look at it--all the other buildings around it grab my eye beforehand and it isn't worth a second look. Oh well, it's decent filler.

chrisbrat

Reaction score
exactly ^^^

it's inoffensive filler, which is just fine. we've got plenty "offensive filler," so i'll take the residential tower and its ilk any day of the week.

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
I like the industrial style windows, but the building would have looked so much better with no bump-outs, and 4 or 6 stories taller.