The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Re: The Boston Garden (TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

So as it turns out, Boston02124 was really referring to Baskeball City. Since we've bumped the thread, are there any updates on the Garden Towers?

June groundbreaking. I am calling it now.

June groundbreaking. I am calling it now.

I hope you're right. I'll be visiting then and I'd love to see just that little bit of progress. I've always hated that damn parking lot in front of the TD Garden.

I just heard them say TD garden development again? someone needs to inform them they're giving out the wrong info

The info is sorta right, just happens that there are a lot of projects near TD Garden. To news reporters, the Garden Towers, North Station Tower, and Garden Garage can all be called TD Garden developments. Hell, even the Merano and Lovejoy Wharf could be bundled together into that group.

I was kind of hoping that they (TD North)was going to go higher with one tower seeing that's what Basketball city did, Seeing this has been going on for decades I'd be happy with a 2 story building out front of the garden!

Not trying to derail thread but curious - why do you think ESPN Zone didn't work? The one in NYC, in Times Square, was amazing, and that coming from someone who takes only a passing interest in sports outside of Boston. They're all closed now, right? Jerry Remy's seemed to be built on the same idea. The Fenway one didn't work but the Seaport one seems to be successful (perhaps b/c it's non Remy-owned but a franchise?).

The reason it relates to TD Garden is b/c (obv.) they could open a sports-themed restaurant cum nightclub there.

Not trying to derail thread but curious - why do you think ESPN Zone didn't work? The one in NYC, in Times Square, was amazing, and that coming from someone who takes only a passing interest in sports outside of Boston. They're all closed now, right? Jerry Remy's seemed to be built on the same idea. The Fenway one didn't work but the Seaport one seems to be successful (perhaps b/c it's non Remy-owned but a franchise?).

The reason it relates to TD Garden is b/c (obv.) they could open a sports-themed restaurant cum nightclub there.

Maybe its Bostonians aversion to large, national chains? That area already has a lot of locally owned bars/pubs/night clubs, so maybe they thought they couldn't compete.

Article about Akamai looking for space but it says construction has started on the "Boston Garden", that true?

>>Meanwhile, Boston Properties has started construction at its 1.87-million-square-foot mixed-use development at North Station, called "Boston Garden," which has been approved by the Boston Redevelopment Authority and includes a 668,000 square feet of office space.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/r...ld-akamai-be-the-next-to-leave-cambridge.html

What a coup for Boston Properties if they landed Akamai who's looking for 600,000 square feet of office space. Akamai would basically fill the office building!

Article about Akamai looking for space but it says construction has started on the "Boston Garden", that true?

I get the feeling nobody actually has a clue about what they're reporting on in this area. Between Nashua Street, the Garden Garage and the TD Garden Development everyone seems very confused about what is actually actively being built.

And very prominent location for a company sign.
But no RedLine - will make a lot of people unhappy.

I get the feeling nobody actually has a clue about what they're reporting on in this area. Between Nashua Street, the Garden Garage and the TD Garden Development everyone seems very confused about what is actually actively being built.

This is the development that Akami might be interested in according to the BBJ article. Looks like the TD Garden Development has been renamed.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/projects/development-projects/the-boston-garden

Meanwhile, Boston Properties has started construction at its 1.87-million-square-foot mixed-use development at North Station, called "Boston Garden,"
Thanks, BizJournal, for alerting us to this place called, "Boston Garden."

Thanks, BizJournal, for alerting us to this place called, "Boston Garden."

The project is called "The Boston Garden." Unless you meant to call out the possible dual meaning, I think the BBJ has the right idea.

I'm no expert on commercial real estate but wonder if the Garden would want just one tenant. Yes, obv., having just one would be a dream and fill the property up but then you're dependent on that one company. Does Wellington fill all of the Wellington building? Does State Street fill all the (new) State Street building? They might, but Wellington owns the Wellington building, no? (I think State Street leases & got their name on it b/c they are the main tenant?)

I'm no expert on commercial real estate but wonder if the Garden would want just one tenant. Yes, obv., having just one would be a dream and fill the property up but then you're dependent on that one company. Does Wellington fill all of the Wellington building? Does State Street fill all the (new) State Street building? They might, but Wellington owns the Wellington building, no? (I think State Street leases & got their name on it b/c they are the main tenant?)

John,

If I was Akamai I would go to Cambridge Discovery Park [Rt-2 @ Alewife] coincidentally they are permitted for up to 600,000 sq ft in new construction

This would be the best of all worlds:

• on the Red Line
  • on Rt-2 for the suburban types
  • locally a substantial amount of new constructed / being constructed housing -- both apartments and condos
  • ability to have a campus with several buildings to divide up the functions
  • only downside is that you need to take the Red Line to get to Kendall

John,

If I was Akamai I would go to Cambridge Discovery Park [Rt-2 @ Alewife] coincidentally they are permitted for up to 600,000 sq ft in new construction

• on the Red Line
  • locally a substantial amount of new constructed / being constructed housing -- both apartments and condos

Ugh.

John,

• on the Red Line

As someone who works at Alewife, there isn't a more depressing neighborhood anywhere in the metro area. Give me North Station every time.

Yeah I have a hard time seeing the benefits of the Cambridge Discovery Park vs. Boston Garden development. Both have easy access to major public transit and both are terrible locations if you need to drive (Rt. 2 is a fucking nightmare). Alewife should have been master-planned, all the apartments (with the exception of Atmark) are on the wrong side of the tracks from retail/restaurants/Whole Foods.

Back