The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

SCB.com has a render Ive never seen. The office tower is just a placeholder but the residential and street level is very detailed.

And since the current renders are so hard to find heres some ripped from BizJournal. I know theres current ones on here already but its a clusterfuck of old and new/pictures from the bra presentation from what Ive seen.

Last edited:
Meh I think that's a stretch. I wish it was like Hudson Yard but I passed by the area this Winter and this weekend and Hudson Yard looks like more like the Seaport if every building in the Seaport that was built recently was built at the same time.

and 4 times higher on half the buildings.

Hudson Yards is $20B/17M sq ft of whoopass....

There's something wrong with calling something that's 9 floors off the ground a "sky lobby"

There's something wrong with calling something that's 9 floors off the ground a "sky lobby"

I've addressed this in another thread somewhere, or maybe even this one, but no. A sky lobby by definition is just a place where you transfer from express/shuttle elevators to a local elevator. Has nothing to do with actually being high in elevation.

Yes. As defined in Wikepedia:

A sky lobby is an intermediate interchange floor where people can change from an express elevator that stops only at the sky lobby to a local elevator which stops at every floor within a segment of the building.

Doh. Thanks guys : )

(I still mildly resent the word "sky" associated with this project, but, peace).

I still resent this res building not being the approved 600 ft. Or maybe I just resent the developers for that...

it was approved. Resident tower was announced at 600', but the roof tip height was going reach 659' - just like Millennium was announced as 625' but the roof tip is 685'. Would have been awesome to have another 200m Skyscraper.

In a private meeting with West End community group last November, Boston Properties agreed to lower the resident tower to just under 500' and the office tower 420' at the deck of the highest floor with hard roof tip (not counting the antenna & legs) reaching just over 500'.

BRA used the compromise as leverage to approve the Garden Garage tower w/ moral indemnity if not outright scorn.

Made a daytime render from the older renders.

and sorry to do this to you guys but...

Last edited:
From a big dig EIS, circa 1991:

28898034015_fe12e80f62_b.jpg

Is it known if this will role right into contruction on the residential tower or will there be some gap time in between the podium and the subsequent tower?

I remember that scheme wish they had built it!

It looks awesome in B&W renders because it tricks you into thinking it's actually old. If it were actually built (to code, using modern materials/techniques) it would look cheesy as hell.

Back