The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

In that render, there are two buildings and two different aesthetics, perhaps that is just a mock up for one of the buildings. It looks like it's for the building on the right, judging from the darker metal horizontal paneling.

YSGLgGah.png

In that render, there are two buildings and two different aesthetics, perhaps that is just a mock up for one of the buildings. It looks like it's for the building on the right, judging from the darker metal horizontal paneling.

Actually to me, the two mock-ups reflect the two different aesthetics of the two buildings in the rendering.

The top mock-up image looks like the gray and yellow brick veneer of the left side building. The red, yellow and black panel look seems to be the right side building.

The yellow tones seem to be for the "alley".

Actually to me, the two mock-ups reflect the two different aesthetics of the two buildings in the rendering.

The top mock-up image looks like the gray and yellow brick veneer of the left side building. The red, yellow and black panel look seems to be the right side building.

The yellow tones seem to be for the "alley".

I think you're right, For some reason I didn't see the photo of the brick mock up.

The absence of brick on the right side podium is all the more disappointing given its otherwise industrial aesthetic.

This is pure conjecture on my part, but here is my prediction based on what we have seen so far and what I can see via the Webcam.

It appears that they are preparing the bottom of the site for some sort of mat foundation pour. The anchorages on the bottom of the site also seem to be more conducive to concrete supports, rather than steel. In fact, if you look closely at the area of the mat near the new steel structure, there appear to be some small, CIP, vertical supports.

I predict the entire left side of the site, podium, hotel, residential tower will be CIP concrete. The core will resume climbing once the super-structure of the residential tower reaches the current height.

I could be completely wrong. But that is my guess/prediction.

Just to followup on this from last week...

I was wrong....steel has begun to be installed in the parking levels of the second half of the site.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/BostonProperties/BostonRegion

A major plus is when you come out onto causeway you have to turn right now so you cant cut across both lanes of traffic anymore. Also the road is in wayyyy better condition now so its not a suspension disaster like it used to be and the median work is being done now so that will be a huge plus as well. With this u/c and the merano coming online there is finally a street wall presence where before the garden was set back a ways from the road. Finally feeling like another part of downtown and its fitting in well. The 4th picture shows how you are enclosed in by the street wall and it feels like a real neighborhood now.

i need to stop opening this thread for 1, maybe 2 years......

same for 50 Sudbury........

(sigh)

Look at how good condition the friggin street is in. Ive never seen it this good in my entire life. Its perfect now, I guess they couldn't have people doing the Ace Ventura in the jeep down causeway anymore when they're paying the big bucks now. Great to see they finally fixed the street and removed those ugly ass bollards too.

Also notice how the glass inside the courtyard or whatever this area is called will actually be a bump out or glass connection between podiums. I had thought initially that they were going to cut some holes in the wall of the Garden and install some glass flush with the wall to look out onto the concourse but it seems that it actually protrudes into this area.

The part Im talking about has the guy standing on it in the yellow shirt. The area below him is the floor that the escalators go up to and above him will be two more floors of glass wall. Im interested to see if these will be separate from the interior of the garden and be a connection between the two podiums, if they will be separate from the podiums and be an area inside the garden where you can look down to the concourse, or if they will be a part where you can cross between the podiums but also be a part of the interior of the garden as well. I had always assumed that those were windows into the garden but now Im not so sure, they could just be glass areas that allow you to go from one podium to the other where you cant get into those floors of the Garden. Well find out if they cut big holes into the side of the Garden wall. Looking into those windows now with this new perspective though there does seem to be walls not far behind the glass with murals or screens on them so it may not be what I had thought. It does appear now to just be a connection between podiums. At the same time there are walls that seem to blocking access into the right podium so Im not sure. It may be an extension of the left podium with a seating area or viewing area with windows down to the concourse. This definitely changes things if true as I had always assumed that you are looking into the garden here. Well see what happens soon, but this is pretty interesting.

t2.0.jpg

Last edited:
Found a random website called old.mbta.com and it has this now outdated but not posted render. I thought it was pretty cool. Its cool to see the revisions these projects go through before coming into final form. The bump outs all over the podiums looks pretty cool. Id imagine these were some of the first renders ever made after the massing was established because from here it was refined but very similar with the tall 3 stack residential before changing a lot to those weird glassy towers with exposed elevators before finally coming back to the center and finishing on the current design. Ill just get this archived by throwing this up in this thread so we have basically everything about this project in 1 thread vs scattered across the web.

BosPropTOD.jpg

Back