The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

BosPropTOD.jpg

If the Prudential Center and the UN Headquarters had a child....

That might not be a bad looking child ... IMHO.

Just saying ...

cca

Yesterday I noticed the buildout of the new ticket booth is coming along. Not sure why they have 7 windows. I have never seen more than 3 maned at any given time even during busy periods of the day.
https://flic.kr/p/21kEcUU

Like yesterday at 10AM. One window for the DownEaster and one for CR. NUTS!!!!! End of rant.

https://flic.kr/p/DhLXeL

And with each passing month, the chances of a luxury/highrise condo bubble sinks ever closer to (effectively), zero.

It would seem like the supply will continue to match but not exceed demand for a few years yet.

Does anyone know if the rail station concourse will be modernized as part of this project?

I'd love to see the '90s motif of the floor / ceiling / fixtures go away...

The did a nice job aesthetically refreshing the entire interior of the arena portion of the Garden 2 years ago, but the train station still looks like a 90s shopping mall IMO.

When I've been in the station and the Downeaster was in "Departing soon" mode, I've always seen people lined up at that window. They seem to get a fair amount of in-person purchases. I also find it amusing that an MBTA/Keolis (or whoever it is now) ticket agent essentially swings their chair around to man that window. The only station on the Downeaster that has actual Amtrak-employed ticket agents is Portland.

Does anyone know if the rail station concourse will be modernized as part of this project?

I'd love to see the '90s motif of the floor / ceiling / fixtures go away...

The did a nice job aesthetically refreshing the entire interior of the arena portion of the Garden 2 years ago, but the train station still looks like a 90s shopping mall IMO.

Yet the only 2 things there are a McDonald's & a Dunkin Donuts stand.

That's so outdated and dismal!! And so '80s-style! In dire need of a refreshing change! Also a bar if you want an alcoholic beverage. :mad:

^^^ Wow! Nothing like a cotton-esk sky. Great shots, thanks for sharing.

https://flic.kr/p/GqsFBP

So who thinks the beams going across between the podiums will be seaparte from the inside of the garden or they will cut holes in the garden wall and that will be a glass portal to below? It hard to tell from the renders but the way the steel is going up it looks like its going to be separate.

So who thinks the beams going across between the podiums will be seaparte from the inside of the garden or they will cut holes in the garden wall and that will be a glass portal to below? It hard to tell from the renders but the way the steel is going up it looks like its going to be separate.

I don't see why they would do so. Floor 1 is definitely going to be opened up so the MBTA concourse opens up directly to Causeway Street. Floor 2 could possibly open up to the arena entrance, but I don't know the official layout of the Garden but I'd assume opening those walls up would require a lot of reworking of their floor plans. Anything above the second floor will probably act as a connecting passageway between the two podiums, so no cuts there probably.

----
On another note, I can't find any new documents on BPDA's website.. only one from 2015, but the designs have changed since then -- I know its a ways out, but does anybody know if they're keeping the lighting scheme on the "crown" of the original office tower in the new design? Could be really neat to drive into the city at night with Avalon North Station, TD Garden, this tower, and Lovejoy Wharf all lit up.

23r6BWc.png

(old design)

Its gonna look like this, which IMO looks pretty good. They only show it lit in white, but theres no reason it cant also be other colors seeing that the lighting is already going to be there. Either way looks great. The bottom picture shows what the Hub on Causeway office tower will look like when coming into the city on 93. It looks thinner from the head on angle and the lighting really looks great. Cant wait. Remember also the North Station tower is also visible when coming in over the Zakim and it has a lit crown as well with that badass light strip going down the side. Really going to be an amazing gateway to the city.

The-Hub-on-Causeway-Mixed-Use-Development-Bulfinch-Triangle-Boston-TD-Garden-North-Station-Boston-Properties-Delaware-North-John-Moriarty-and-Associates-Construction.jpg

project_huboncauseway_1024x576_05_1474499258_1024x576.jpg

24195773330_66bf969a73_b.jpg

Then the pure class of Lovejoy wharf is immediately adjacent to this on the left side of the entrance to the tunnel when going over the Zakim. So this will be on the left with the lit up Hub on Causeway on the right. Going to be an amazing gateway to the city. Lovejoy Wharf already looks incredible as is but then we also have the lit up Hub on Causeway towers to the right of this to look forward to as well.

22030-76200.jpeg

It also is quite bright from this angle (Hub on Causeway webcam)
YImULqd.jpg

Then you also have this to add to the rest of the lighting in the area. This is really going to be an amazing gateway.

https://postimage.org/app.php

The quoted Instagram picture
19762103_111444069410636_4152956053488664576_n.jpg

Last edited:
^Phase I has 175k sf of office space, and Rapid7 is taking up 147k. Add in the rumored WeWork space and the office portion should be just about fully-leased.

This bodes very well for the 525k sf Phase III.

A couple things I love about that new render:
- That big honkin' structural truss features so prominently in the exterior design (we knew it would from earlier renders, but the detailing here looks great)
- The outer extremities of this building go right up to Portal Park, with columns appearing to be almost emerging from the edge of the park.

Things I would rather be different:
- The gigantic parking sign

Things I am undecided on:
- The "LOADING" sign is a cute attempt to make it part of the industrial aesthetic of the building, but it looks overdone...I can't tell if it works or is obnoxious.

^Phase I has 175k sf of office space, and Rapid7 is taking up 147k. Add in the rumored WeWork space and the office portion should be just about fully-leased.

This bodes very well for the 525k sf Phase III.

I thought WeWork was moving to 200 Portland...are they also going to come here too?

A couple things I love about that new render:
- That big honkin' structural truss features so prominently in the exterior design (we knew it would from earlier renders, but the detailing here looks great)
- The outer extremities of this building go right up to Portal Park, with columns appearing to be almost emerging from the edge of the park.

Things I would rather be different:
- The gigantic parking sign

Things I am undecided on:
- The "LOADING" sign is a cute attempt to make it part of the industrial aesthetic of the building, but it looks overdone...I can't tell if it works or is obnoxious.

My favorite part is that for the first time we can really see the entertainment venue behind that structural truss. At night, with the Garden lit up and the lights coming out of there, it's going to look awesome.

Back