The Kensington | 665 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Residences at Kensington

That's the Orange Line tunnel.

It also may be the reason why the garage is above-ground.

Same reason for the elevation of the floor for the Lafayette Corporate Center / Hyatt / Macy's Complex (nee Lafayette Place Mall) and location of the parking -- also since it's along Summer St. -- the Lafayette Place construction involved the Red Line Tunnel

Anyway -- Whenever the Organge Line Tunnel is exposed further up Washington St. (e.g. Filene's Hole, former Wolworths "hole to be?") -- the imperative should be to build a Pedestrian Tunnel between DTX and State

DTX and southbound State are ridiculously close to each other -- but the platforms are on opposite sides of the southbound track. That makes connecting them quite a challenge.

The real challenge in connecting the two is the building Marshall's and H&M are in. The northbound track dives below State St's southbound platform before/as it reaches the State St southbound platform. But you would still need to parallel the tunnel up until State St, but you'd have to go through that building's basement or supports.

The real challenge in connecting the two is the building Marshall's and H&M are in. The northbound track dives below State St's southbound platform before/as it reaches the State St southbound platform. But you would still need to parallel the tunnel up until State St, but you'd have to go through that building's basement or supports.

Absolutely,

That's why the Commonwealth should acquire a transportation easment in case the building is reconstructed by the new owner -- a reasonable prospect

Since we are talking pedestrian tunnel the amount of space required is not much and there is the added benefit of a potential retail kiosk or such that could be built in the basement of 350 Washington St. or the 1 Franklin hole

need to get out of the car and peek over the fence
029-18.jpg
this intersection has become quite congesstive,it take's 12 minutes to go one block!
030-22.jpg

Beautiful -- dig holes, drill or drive pilings and soon Tower Cranes will come

Kensington,
Hayward Place,
Filenes Hole
former Woolworth
former Barns & Noble
former Borders

It's well after midnight and soon -- it will be Morning in DTX!

There were machines all over the place today. I would have snapped a photo, but I had a d-bag that was driving a Benz trying to cut me off. Was not having it.

The first renderings I saw of the building were good, the second ones made me want to throw up, and this one is somewhere in between. It sucks that we could have done better, but at least we didn't end up with the worst.....though I have a sinking feeling that the other side of this building is 100% precast dogshit.

Street level looks great. ^

Seeing photos like this will never cease to amaze me. How you go from two guys in a hole to a 28-story building is mind-boggling.

From yesterday. The base for the crane has been moved into place. Work on th e core continues (black box in background).
6982686046_40bd250181_c.jpg
[/url]
Kensington Tower 4/29 by snagshead67, on Flickr[/IMG]

Crane's almost done!

Wk5uX.jpg

finally! Now to get a few at the Fileines site!

Back