The Kensington | 665 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Residences at Kensington

It does seem like the same top, even in the original.

Looks like the same building to me... the rendering is just so dominated by windows that you can't tell what material the siding is supposed to be.

Another reminder of the earlier iteration...the tower part IMO was only marginally better, but it's down on the ground where we really lost out.

img3745qy9.jpg

Wow, yeah. VE'd to death...

The low rise façade is really a sad commentary on the utter lack of leadership in the city with respect to simple design review issues. Here is a significant large residential building in downtown Boston with a plastic looking façade. Geez, even in my suburban burg there is more attention to detail going into single family teardown McMansions that are being built and that is not saying much at all.... I know it's apples and oranges, but still what a disgrace.

When International Place was built it caused a huge outcry. Today, you don't hear a peep. No one even seems to care about all the buildings going up that are really degrading the quality of the city.

I could overlook everything else if the street level were any good, but I think that is actually the worst part. That material does not belong anywhere near a first floor. It makes me sad how bad it is. There are strip malls in the suburbs that look nicer.

Another reminder of the earlier iteration...the tower part IMO was only marginally better, but it's down on the ground where we really lost out.

img3745qy9.jpg

Seeing how this building has turned out brings the "Forget everything you thought you knew. It's all about to change" tagline to a whole new level of douche.

You ain't lyin' Tmac! I'm soooo disappointed with those first 6 stories on Washington St.

The Washington Street lowrise portion of this abortion is absolutely appalling. I cannot believe how bad it is. If the mayor/BRA has any integrity at all the developer will be forced to fix it, a la the Hotel Commonwealth.

Yikes. What a difference. Were the changes drastic, like when there are massive height reductions in a project or was this the usual death by 1000 cuts of city/BRA/NIMBY/financing?

Yikes. What a difference. Were the changes drastic, like when there are massive height reductions in a project or was this the usual death by 1000 cuts of city/BRA/NIMBY/financing?

As far as I know, these changes weren't announced, they emerged through the construction process. Probably VE'd to death by idiot, selfish developers.

Thank gaud, they finally got those two final panels in up top. I assume that's it for the exterior work- haven't been near the site in a while, so I don't know about the base.

Wow. It doesn't look that bad from that angle at all. Good shot!

9358803283_ab2f2cbd81_b.jpg

9358781059_c8f16457aa_b.jpg

Drive-bys...

9358776913_7592c24486_b.jpg

9358773033_6aaccfdefe_b.jpg

Where did those pumpkin puke orange panels come from? Jeez louise this thing is a hot mess.

Their leasing office is now giving tours 7 days a week during regular business hours. I went on a brokers tour last week and took the following photos (among dozens of others) :

httbuBe.jpg

Gdfre5f.jpg

W3biy5f.jpg

O0fQ5Ma.jpg

LD52CqE.jpg

NzsZ5ZY.jpg

Nice touch with the apartment numbers; each one has a unique, high quality photo of a place in Boston.

QtRTXWr.jpg

Back