The New Retail Thread

UBURGER at Faneuil Hall is now open. It's right next to TD Bank (aka former McDonalds)

Great food!! I hereby announce the end of my mourning the loss of McDonalds.

You were mourning the loss of McDonalds?

Yeah, to much controversy on this board. It was a late night staple and a staple in general for (somewhat) affordable food at Faneuil Hall in quick reach, perfect for us who work at FHM/MPlace Center. The food places in Quincy Market close promptly at 7, which means even though our store also closes at 7, when we leave at 8/8:30, there's no food options. Dunkin Donuts also closes bizarrely early, given the area. UBURGER is open until 11PM M-S and the food is delicious.

Yesterday I walked by the "Mega" Walgreens going into the old Borders space in Downtown Crossing. I was able to catch a glimpse inside through an open door on School St. I was shocked at how much work is still left to be done. Unless construction starts going at warp speed, this won't open until summer at the earliest. A year to build out a drug store? That has to be a record of some kind.

I got a chance to check out the one in Hollywood just the other day.

It's really amazing. Walgreens in name only. I don't know if they're going to do anything differently with the one in DTX, but think of it like a Futuristic Space Bodega Deluxe.

Yeah, to much controversy on this board. It was a late night staple and a staple in general for (somewhat) affordable food at Faneuil Hall in quick reach, perfect for us who work at FHM/MPlace Center. The food places in Quincy Market close promptly at 7, which means even though our store also closes at 7, when we leave at 8/8:30, there's no food options. Dunkin Donuts also closes bizarrely early, given the area. UBURGER is open until 11PM M-S and the food is delicious.

UBurger is good, but kinda pricey though...

When did the Quincy Market food hall start closing at 7? When I used to work in that area, it closed at 9.

When did the Quincy Market food hall start closing at 7? When I used to work in that area, it closed at 9.

Winter hours M-Th closes at 7. Fri-Sat at 9. Sun at 6. IIRC, winter hours end Apr 1.

Summer hours are 9PM everyday except Sunday which is 7. Still, even when it closes at 9, it's still not adequate for food after getting off a shift because it's closed before you get out.

While we're talking about Quincy market... anyone know if Anthem has a wing night? They're fucking incredible. If they have a cheap wing night, I'll be all over it.

Yesterday I walked by the "Mega" Walgreens going into the old Borders space in Downtown Crossing. I was able to catch a glimpse inside through an open door on School St. I was shocked at how much work is still left to be done. Unless construction starts going at warp speed, this won't open until summer at the earliest. A year to build out a drug store? That has to be a record of some kind.[/

Good thing you don't work in construction: I just received an email from the BRA today, announcing that the grand opening is set for late April.

While we're talking about Quincy market... anyone know if Anthem has a wing night? They're fucking incredible. If they have a cheap wing night, I'll be all over it.

I worked there a year ago. They didn't then, although that could have changed.

::sigh:: walked to Apple tonight. "Sorry, we close at nine."

Ridiculous, isn't it? But that's late for Boylston St. retail. You can't even get expensive mountain sh!t after 8. A poor showing for a world class city.

Ridiculous, isn't it? But that's late for Boylston St. retail. You can't even get expensive mountain sh!t after 8. A poor showing for a world class city.

I used to feel like Boston was in a different time zone than New York because the pedestrian density would start to evaporate at least two hours earlier every night.

LOL Palo Alto Apple store open till 10:00pm on Fri, Sat. Suck it Boston.

Oh wait...downtown SF store only open till 9pm? WTF?

We went by b/c my sister needed a case for her iPhone and wanted it, IMMEDIATELY!

Why do people shop at A&F when they can order online?

Back