The New Retail Thread

^No offense, but are we talking coffee or syrupy caffeine dessert drinks?

Coffee. I don't think Barrington does anything besides a mocha or dirty chai where you don't control how much sugar. On the Starbucks side of things, their coffee isn't horrible and its basically on par with Cafe Nero IMHO.

Also, for something different, Trader Joe's is opening in Assembly. They're going in where the Sports Authority is now.

There is also a neighborhood meeting on 5/24 at 6pm in Factory 63 to discuss "75 Seaport" a new restaurant seeking a liquor license.

Isn't there already a "75" named restaurant in the Seaport that is a sister restaurant to Beacon Hill's 75 Chestnut?

Ruth's Chris is going to 10 City Point in Waltham, right next to where Bonefish Grill and Osteria Posto - opening in Q4...was a rumor a few months back but appears to be a done deal

Ruth's Chris is going to 10 City Point in Waltham, right next to where Bonefish Grill and Osteria Posto - opening in Q4...was a rumor a few months back but appears to be a done deal

Interesting. Perhaps it's just me, but I can't imagine ever choosing to go to Ruth's Chris in Waltham over Capital Grille in either Burlington or Chestnut Hill which are both about 10-12 min away. Not to mention The Bancroft also in Burlington.

Interesting. Perhaps it's just me, but I can't imagine ever choosing to go to Ruth's Chris in Waltham over Capital Grille in either Burlington or Chestnut Hill which are both about 10-12 min away. Not to mention The Bancroft also in Burlington.

Sure, but you are not the target consumer. There are a shit ton of companies in Waltham and generally they want to try to keep diners close to the hotels and offices as business meetings frequenting such establishments typically turn into boozefests with good food. At least in my experience they do.

BosDevelop -- You need to take a trip out to that developing mini-hub in Waltham -- its becoming quite a conentration of both people staying at the hotels and increasingly new high grade office construction replacing the last generation stuff

There are more now and soon even more corporate lunches and business dinners that need to be accomodated by the purveyors of food -- and vists that can be accomodated by short walks not just drives

Starbucks' "ultra-premium" concept Starbucks Reserve is going to open in 101 Seaport (PwC):

The Seattle coffee giant plans to open one of its “ultra-premium” Starbucks Reserve cafes this summer at 101 Seaport, a 17-story office building that is anchored by the regional headquarters of PwC.

small-lot coffee batches brewed with a variety of techniques including siphoning, pour-over, espresso and Chemex. The stores also sell Teavana loose-leaf and packaged teas.
The new cafes also come with a price premium, with a small coffee selling for $4 at a location that opened this year in Manhattan, according to Business Insider.

http://www.bankerandtradesman.com/2016/05/starbucks-ultra-premium-variant-swoops-seaport/

Obscene. The renowned Cafe Sant Eustachio in Rome only charges a couple euros for a coffee. Spending a wad of cash routinely for a small coffee at a Starbucks says "I have no taste, and also don't pay attention to price tags."

Sheppard -- Cafe Nero will fiddle while this Startup smokes out :)

No Roman jokes allowed here, Westie. Get agrippa on it.

Retail sign went up today on Northern Ave office building for Santander Bank

Sorelle will be going into the Goodwin Procter building at 100 Northern Ave.

Retail sign went up today on Northern Ave office building for Santander Bank

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FJeremy-Renner.gif

I just learned sushi burritos are a thing. And I now really want kimchi tacos.

Is Aceituna related to Aceituna Cafe in Kendall? If so, that's awesome. Great food.

Back