The Sudbury (Bulfinch Crossing Residential Tower) | 50 Sudbury St | GCG Phase I | Gov't Center

Can always count on Beeline to provide unique perspectives. Thank you, good sir.

^^^ My pleasure. Happy to contribute.

This tower really stands out when walking the greenway-side perimeter of the North End. Per the Hub on Causeway's webcam I count this up to 22 floors, out of ~45 which includes part of the mechanical screen on top.

If you want to count yourself, the highest quality renders are here. Right click and open images in new tab for the largest sizes.
https://bulfinchcrossing.com/buildings/residential_tower

If you want to count the floors for yourself, the webcam is here. The double height floor that is obvious on the right side is 9, and the first floor that is fully showing and currently being cladded is 10. I recommend changing the time to 6 pm for good lighting.
https://app.oxblue.com/open/bostonproperties/huboncauseway

The next floor should be hitting/passing the midway point. It's basically the equivalent of a max-height seaport building.

Wiki says this building will be 547' but the website only says 480'...whats going on?

Wiki says this building will be 547' but the website only says 480'...whats going on?

wiki is (as is often the case) confused. the office tower (one congress) will be around 528'-550', depending on where and how you measure total height; the residential tower (this one) will be 480' tall.

it would seem that whoever did the wiki entry for the residential tower got the two mixed up.

Here's the height info. It looks around 530'-535' measured from the bottom-most section to the top-most section. It's tough to tell the exact height because it's on a hill. The 480' and 528' are only the "highest occupied floor" heights and don't include the mechanical crowns on top. The office tower should be at least 600'.

The residential tower will be the tallest to top off in Boston this year, almost 2 stories taller than the Hub on Causeway's office tower. It will be just outside Boston's top 10.

Using the clearest image to scale, you're between 647' and 652'......

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call myself a height fetishist, But it will be very good for the overall image of the city to have some nicer looking and taller structures to draw the eye away from the hideous stumps one currently sees when looking at beacon hill from various vantages...

I wouldn’t call myself a height fetishist, But it will be very good for the overall image of the city to have some nicer looking and taller structures to draw the eye away from the hideous stumps one currently sees when looking at beacon hill from various vantages...

FK4, you have perfectly captured my exact sentiment as well.

^This render shot shows the differentiation of height between the two towers the best. Wow, I didn't quite grasp the height of the office tower until I saw this image. This will be very impressive from the harbor and Logan. Lit crowns here, Hub on Causeway, SST, Winthrop Sq, etc. (plus existing/Int'l Place, etc) In a few years, We'll need to organize a BHC "Skyline charter cruise" to toast them all. :)

It's kind of jarring how much these sleek new supertalls make the existing nearby skyscrapers look so frumpy and dated.

Back