The Victor | 110 Beverly Street | West End

Re: The Victor

Skydome aka Rogers Centre in Toronto was famous for that too!

12/14/2012:

20121214-PC140102_zps40510ec0.jpg

20121214-PC140092_zps06cb8c0f.jpg

20121214-PC140090_zps95ac4dff.jpg

This is a grate building:

20121214-PC140096_zps3f37d67d.jpg

The Archstone is an architectural triumph compared to this. Still, better than a parking lot... idk that parking garage is pretty bad.

However, whatever, because once people start living here the area will pick up and the rest of the Bulfinch Triangle can repair itself. For an area with such good transportation options it's still very fragmented and under developed.

Ugh, the grates. Don't show me any more...

The rear end of this sucker is ugly. Did they cut a deal with Millenium Partners on shitty bricks in order to make a joint purchase of shitty bricks in bulk? It's like a whole new level in value engineering: I call it a "value cartel".

The merano is going up right next to it so your not gonna b able to see those vents and when your walking next to it theyll b up above you so itll be barely noticeable.

Yeah, the good news is that The Victor is sandwiched between two buildings so it adds density to the neighborhood and it's invisible most of the time.

I kind of like the glass curtain wall... especially in relation to the rest of the cladding, which is horrid.

Did they cut a deal with Millenium Partners on shitty bricks in order to make a joint purchase of shitty bricks in bulk? It's like a whole new level in value engineering: I call it a "value cartel".

I agree with your overall point, but I think Millenium's Roman brick is a step above what we're seeing here. When you factor in those nice dark horizontal windows compared to street-facing louvers there's definitely a winner.

Yeah, the good news is that The Victor is sandwiched between two buildings so it adds density to the neighborhood and it's invisible most of the time.

Exactly! The side streets will act like alleys...mostly service-oriented traffic and T commuters.

Ugh, the grates. Don't show me any more...

The rear end of this sucker is ugly. Did they cut a deal with Millenium Partners on shitty bricks in order to make a joint purchase of shitty bricks in bulk? It's like a whole new level in value engineering: I call it a "value cartel".

To call either of these "bricks" is buying into their deceit. They are all precast panels that sorta kinda look like bricks.

I was stuck in some insane traffic when they closed a lane in the tunnel

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

Snagged a quick photo before catching a train at North Station. From Saturday...

photo_jan_26__4_20_58_pm.jpg

Great shot there. It actually makes the subject look good!

Ultimately, I think this is going to be a positive. The paneling is straight up ridiculous, but the glass is fine, the street interaction is good (the bump in for some outdoor seating will really help this end of Causeway), and the ground floor plan looks solid. And not to keep beating the same drum, but the housing's long overdue.

The side facing the Greenway is absolutely hideous. Are they going to stuff another building on the parcel closer in to the Greenway by any chance? I'd love for this thing to disappear in a pile of buildings.

The back end is where One Canal is going. With the Merano on the side towards the NE, the only really exposed end will be Causeway.

Back