The Victor | 110 Beverly Street | West End

Re: The Victor

The steel that has gone up (1.5 or 2 floors) now sports "Go Bruins!"

It's a cool crane view when entering the tunnel. Wish I had a picture from this weekend, but I am not as steady behind the wheel as some other members.

Does anyone know if there is anything planned for the grassy strip and parking lot across Beverly Street from the Victor?

I'll defer judgment of the aesthetics until it's finished, but this will provide a decent visual edge to the north end parks when completed.

This section looks like it's framed for a through-block passageway.

Cantilevers over the T structures:

Are there plans for the street in the last photo to be calmed into something less intimidating than its current half-freeway traffic sewer state once framed by two buildings?

Are you talking about Haverhill St? It's pretty calm as is. It only goes a block, so it's not a through street. N Station's my closest stop, so I'm in and out of there a lot and have never had a problem. Causeway St on the other hand...

Are there plans for the street in the last photo to be calmed into something less intimidating than its current half-freeway traffic sewer state once framed by two buildings?

There won't be much reason for pedestrians to walk along Haverhill anyway. The entire length of its Avinir side (almost 500 feet!) is completely devoted to MBTA station access and emergency egress. The Victor side (again almost 500 feet) will consist of yet more MBTA station access, automobile access to the above-ground parking garage, and a loading dock. Oh yeah, and a tiny retail space at the corner of Velenti Way.

See my previous post on page 1 of this thread for details.

Alleyfication, ugh.

"This section looks like it's framed for a through-block passageway."

Indeed it is.

For cars.

...and now a slender bridge crosses the aforementioned passageway.

Quick drive-around today:

7185377412_797d701b43_b.jpg

7185375296_5aec5d9391_b.jpg

This one is going to spoil the skyline view on 93 after the Zakim, right before entering the tunnel. It's a fleeting view, sure, but I'll still be sad to lose those few extra seconds to something I expect to be wholly mediocre.

I don't know if you^ were around when the central artery was around, but we lost a lot of those views then also,this was one of the ones that survived and now sadly ur right this too will be gone.

I don't know if you^ were around when the central artery was around, but we lost a lot of those views then also,this was one of the ones that survived and now sadly ur right this too will be gone.

Oh yeah I was around for that. One of my best childhood memories regarding Boston was staring up at 1 International Place (before 2 was even built) out the back window of my parent's car. Heck, I still remember seeing this one U/C (when I was in kindergarten on a field trip) and definitely remember seeing 2 IP U/C.

Well, DHZ, behold these pictures forevermore...

7259822776_63fed87c6d_b.jpg

7259824702_7e91fc57d4_b.jpg

Back