Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive - Parcel C | Seaport

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Looks like they're doing some sort of pour work on the park today, lots of hardscape infrastructure and rebar going into place.

19567221141_5fd76476c8_c.jpg

Couple of photos from the 'Sagres' tall ship.
19451059730_196ffc6812_z.jpg

19018112803_71dbf1a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
All of the renders show the crown being glass cladded. Is that coming or is this what were left with?

Looks like a lot of individual panels. Kinda disappointed in the crown. Still hoping out of nowhere they throw some glass onto it.

new-ffp-22lib-rendering-b.jpg

new-ffp-22lib-rendering-2.jpg

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

I'd be shocked if that wasn't raised at the time. Leaving a wreck like that in the middle of Boston Harbor, even in '78, seems like something that wouldn't have been tolerated.
http://wreckhunter.net/DataPages/peterstuyvesant-dat.htm Says:
Wreck Condition: Wreck was broken up and partially removed, submerged hull remains
Diving Considerations: Private property; no diving allowed
Other Information: Site marked by wreck buoys

Don't have any wreck pics (isn't the wreck off Pier 4) but have a few of 22Liberty from Labor Day weekend that I forgot to post.

Last edited:
Does the new park and inlet have any features beyond being a park vs asphalt to help reduce flooding in the event of a storm surge? If not, seems like a missed opportunity and something that should have been required.

I wonder if the inlet was part of a mitigation requirement during Ch. 91 permitting process, since they were constructing on "filled tidelands." Perhaps another permitting process as well. That would certainly provide some flood mitigation.

Back