Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive - Parcel C | Seaport

Re: Fan Pier

That's where 22 Liberty is going? For some reason I thought it was actually on the parking lots right next to the courthouse under the big 22 Liberty Billboard.

That's where 22 Liberty is going? For some reason I thought it was actually on the parking lots right next to the courthouse under the big 22 Liberty Billboard.

Yes that is where it's going. It sits right on the water in front of Vertex. 22 Liberty is Parcel C in the master plan.

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I'm sure it's been over posted, but where can I get a map of all the Seaport parcels and proposals?

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I'm sure it's been over posted, but where can I get a map of all the Seaport parcels and proposals?

master-siteplan-vanity-residences-1.jpg

http://www.fanpierboston.com/master-site-plan/

I can't find any pics of this project but this site has some info:

http://www.bbg-bbgm.com/

click news, announcements, 'bringing the Boston waterfront to life'

I take it we're going to have to guess what this is going to look like as it's going up. Bizarre.

I walked by the site on Sat. The condo project is in full swing with multiple pile drivers, excavators, and cranes on site. Still no rendering for this building?

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

They are actually up on the BRA site...you have to look at the presentation to the BCDC...I kinda like the rendering. There is also a rendering of another Fan Pier residential/hotel building that looks a lot like one marina park drive...IE: it kinda sucks.

Are there plans to enliven the public green? Seems like a giant waste of space as-is.

Renderings for 22 liberty were not what I expected, but not horrible. Was hoping for more angles to break up the mostly flat walls of the current buildings.

Parcel I by the ICA looks to be a minimalistic blue glass cube. Depending on whether that's high quality glass it could look either really awesome or really shit next to the ICA. I'm fairly optimistic though.

Parcel C here now under construction seems to have a huge retail component facing the water - is that to be Louis or something else?

One thing that makes me gag are the street names - ahem, Drive names. I propose a letter writing campaign to the BRA to make these streets at the very least, even if they can't come up with more inspired names. The fact that these short gridded streets are planned as Drives is incongruous - especially since I personally think Fan Pier has been handling the street level pretty admirably.

Parcel I by the ICA looks to be a minimalistic blue glass cube. Depending on whether that's high quality glass it could look either really awesome or really shit next to the ICA. I'm fairly optimistic though.

Parcel C here now under construction seems to have a huge retail component facing the water - is that to be Louis or something else?

One thing that makes me gag are the street names - ahem, Drive names. I propose a letter writing campaign to the BRA to make these streets at the very least, even if they can't come up with more inspired names. The fact that these short gridded streets are planned as Drives is incongruous - especially since I personally think Fan Pier has been handling the street level pretty admirably.

The street level retail portions of the buildings seem to be what is needed. One complaint on the office behind the ICA is the location of the office lobby on Seaport Blvd. instead of wrapping the main retail tenant around the front, and stashing the office lobby on the side street.

That's better than side streets becoming blank walled alleys. I think the plan makes sense here - both side streets are well activated giving a nice pedestrian experience as you walk towards the ICA.

Finally, a harbor-side residential building with glass curtain walls and balconies to take advantage of the spectacular views. The units in this building will be stunning. Love the glass in both buildings, a real nice change from Waterside Place and Fallon's Park Lane.

Back