Watermark Seaport | 85 Seaport Blvd - Parcel K | Seaport

Streetscape complete and sidewalk open in front of the smaller building:

23980458662_23db537ece_c.jpg

And work continues apace along the side street:

24005961661_f5ecce5b72_c.jpg

Not bad! The precast is definitely a notch or two better than the norm.

Some comic relief during this awful BRA meeting:

They need a bathroom on the roof, so they are before the board tonight to add a bathroom.

APPROVED. The bathroom is a go!!

Why was the meeting awful? Seems like some good things got approved

Last edited:
There was 1.5 hours of people speaking on why they are opposed to the Garden Garage tower.

Curbed article on Watermark.
http://boston.curbed.com/archives/2015/11/watermark-seaport-boston-apartments.php

from the article:
One of these tiny units is not like the others, however. It will be the home to an outpost of MIT's Morphlab (funded by an IKEA and Steelcase) pilot program, which allows for infinitely re-configurable room layouts and furniture for extreme efficiency in urban living. Essentially, the promise is that a space can feel about three times bigger with flexible layouts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8giE7i7CAE
(video is also in the Curbed article.)

Blue Hills Bank planning to take 3k sf of retail space here. (source)

I'm actually glad to see the Seaport start filling up with the "boring" retail tenants we usually complain about. Between Watermark and PWC we now have a bank (Blue Hills), a burrito joint (Chipotle), a burger joint (Shake Shack), a sushi joint (Yo!), and a pharmacy (CVS) all moving in this year. This sounds like the makings of a--dare I say--neighborhood.

I'm actually glad to see the Seaport start filling up with the "boring" retail tenants we usually complain about. Between Watermark and PWC we now have a bank (Blue Hills), a burrito joint (Chipotle), a burger joint (Shake Shack), a sushi joint (Yo!), and a pharmacy (CVS) all moving in this year. This sounds like the makings of a--dare I say--neighborhood.

Leader Bank has been in Fan Pier Parcel A (Vertex) since last year.

Leader Bank has been in Fan Pier Parcel A (Vertex) since last year.

Yeah, and Santander is in the World Trade Center and Boston Private is in the Seaport Hotel.

Neighborhoods typically have multiple banking options, and a few banks moving into the Seaport strikes me as a positive sign that it is becoming a normal neighborhood.

Agreed, although it would be great if some of the ground floor retail could be made somewhat reasonable for local businesses. I was talking to the owner of a successful pizza shop in the Financial District and he'd love to expand to the Seaport, but says $/sq. foot is out of control and isn't feasible for businesses that aren't big chains (Chipotle, CVS, Shake Shack, etc.).

Local businesses (think, a deli or something) would help give this more character.

Back