Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

This baby has some girth on the long side. I hope it doesn't feel so when it's complete and at full height.

Yeah I keep running into that thought/question every time I see its broadside. Really hoping the glass will slim it down a good amount.

From Central Square-ish

51900419173_b7e30ea27f_b.jpg

51900658199_bb01d99013_b.jpg

51899369252_fc8ddc5025_b.jpg

Wow, COVID did Boston's skyline such a massive favor by forcing MP to cut down the second wing. This thing would have been an absolute monstrosity had that design moved forward.

10000% This thing would have been an awkward fatass from the sides, instead it has a sleek thin edge. It also brought the tower back in line with its original vision. That part was added to make up for space lost from the top, but now it retains the original vision for the most part just shorter.

I'm not a huge fan of this tower, but yea it looks good from Dewey Square. Killing off the 2nd tower makes it look sleek from this angle.

Wow, COVID did Boston's skyline such a massive favor by forcing MP to cut down the second wing. This thing would have been an absolute monstrosity had that design moved forward.

Killing off the 2nd tower makes it look sleek from this angle.

10000% This thing would have been an awkward fatass from the sides, instead it has a sleek thin edge.

Just think, it could have looked like this!

1645854528188.png

EDIT: Let's not forget this iteration either. I had written a letter of support to the BRA/BPDA (can't remember which) and wrote them to rescind it the second I saw this. Nauseating. Move your head back and forth a bit and it gets even worse.

1645855421277.png

Last edited:
Ever since One Dalton completed and couldn't mount the facade panels on the sections that anchored its crane, I get some anxiety looking at other highrises going up where the crane anchors are haha

Ever since One Dalton completed and they pulled the bait-and-switch with the promised lit-up 4 Seasons logo atop the tower, I get some furious anger when I see other 4 Seasons properties that they didn't cheap-out on at the last minute.

Ever since One Dalton completed and they pulled the bait-and-switch with the promised lit-up 4 Seasons logo atop the tower, I get some furious anger when I see other 4 Seasons properties that they didn't cheap-out on at the last minute.
For your sake, we better hope this thing doesn't get built in Melbourne!
four-seasons-melbourne-tower.jpg

for melbourne's sake i hope it doesn't get built.

Last edited:

Back