IMG_3031.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3032.jpg
    IMG_3032.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 93
I think it's a handsome tower with great glass and a nice addition to a much improved skyline.
Same. My only complaint regards the connector lobby, which I think could have been much better. The building, overall, though, is a nice addition.

For all the complaints that it isn't what was advertised, it IS a very nice space. Just needs people.
I'm a little worried about that given the location. This sounds crazy to say, but if it were in the Seaport, it would be packed. The Financial District just isn't as big a draw...

Looks pricey for the peasants
Still Beantown Pub... and Hub Pub... and Sidebar... and Elephant & Castle... and JJ Foley's... and dozens of our very modest eateries and cafes in the immediate vicinity, to satisfy any fetishization of the working-class heroes out there...

Still Beantown Pub... and Hub Pub... and Sidebar... and Elephant & Castle... and JJ Foley's... and dozens of our very modest eateries and cafes in the immediate vicinity, to satisfy any fetishization of the working-class heroes out there...
I dont really understand smugly defending another upscale establishment opening the in the downtown area. The city is absolutely chock full of spendy bars and restaurants that deliver pretty low value for what you pay. And beyond that, alot of them dont last very long which means its a saturated market. In this space obviously its going to be a high end restaurant which is fine, I just disagree with the sentiment and delivery here

I dont really understand smugly defending another upscale establishment opening the in the downtown area. The city is absolutely chock full of spendy bars and restaurants that deliver pretty low value for what you pay. And beyond that, alot of them dont last very long which means its a saturated market. In this space obviously its going to be a high end restaurant which is fine, I just disagree with the sentiment and delivery here

I was doing nothing of the sort (and thus I'm genuinely sorry you misinterpreted me); I was merely pushing back against Johnnyrocket's post, which I feel was typically divisive, populist, class-baiting, Us Vs. Them rhetoric--more Howie Carr Lite.

I get the sentiment though. There’s more than just a disinterest in nice places, there’s an active hostility to them.

I get the sentiment though. There’s more than just a disinterest in nice places, there’s an active hostility to them.
Oh, for fuck sake... Seriously, what is your weird upper-class deal, dude? It's an architecture forum. If you want to bemoan how today's society isn't Victorian enough for you, go to some Dorothy Sayers appreciation forum or something.

The recent pics by bigpicture7 are quite impressive. I imagine the locals will patronize the shops during business hours. I know I would if I worked around there.

"The Locals" downtown Boston.
Who are the locals?
* International Investors that purchased 10 floors of condo units?
* BlackRock/Hedge Funds using the private Federal Reserve bank printing press funds to buy units (which is actually the American Taxpayers money) To rent out units to corporate/Political elite?
*Subsidized units which is paid by the American taxpayers for a life.
* Possible Migrant (illegal Alien) asylum's

Who is actually renting/buying these units?
Are they really locals?

Last edited:
I live walking distance from there. I am none of the things you list. I know people who live in that building. They’re just run of the mill kinda rich people who cross shop back bay and seaport condos. Some of those are empty nesters who moved into the city after selling their suburban house and want the convenience of parking, amenities, and really nice stuff. Several pro athletes also live there.

It’s also a short walk from Leather District, Chinatown, the rest of the financial district, and on the intersection of two major T lines and near South Station. The first 35 floors of that building are also offices, so people from all over with all kinds of incomes work in that building.

I’m sorry that there are rich people who live in new construction high rises and that doesn’t make sense to you. Beacon Hill, Back Bay, South End, and Seaport are full of many more rich people from all over the world, unless they’ve become altruistic redistributive nativist enclaves when I wasn’t paying attention…

The idea that only locals get to buy homes in Boston (vs transplants who now live here or people buying a pied a terre) is either an expert troll on your part or one of the most brain dead takes I’ve heard. I’d love to hear your explicit policy goals in an appropriate housing thread. Anyways, next time you brave the city streets you should check out the hallway. It’s pretty nice!

Back