Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

They call me “the janitor.”
with a church key- old school
1720297518874.jpeg

Last edited:
With Mariel right there, there’s plenty of activity. The Vermillion Club is getting popular, and Chemist was packed. The new bar at the intercontinental was doing alright too.

Cocktails in the $16-18 range, wines going up to double that on the top end. $42 steak frites, $2/oyster, $68 for a 10oz fillet. Pretty much in line with the other "nice" steakhouses downtown/Back Bay.

A very nice and intimate setting, at least at night.

I had to Google for the answer to what happened to the Robert Burns statue. The statue was moved back to the Fens in 2019, the original site of the statue.

See WGBH story.
https://www.wgbh.org/news/local/2019-01-23/why-is-there-a-robert-burns-statue-in-winthrop-square

with this little-known factoid of another Boston 'first'.
The money for Boston’s Burns statue was raised by the public, including the area’s Scottish community which — while modest — is as old as New England itself, thanks largely to a 17th century pipeline of indentured servants who labored in ironworks on the North Shore to earn their freedom.

The oldest charitable society in the world is the Scottish Charitable Society and that was set up in Boston,"

I'm concerned that they'll never replace it and just leave it as-is indefinitely. Let's hope not.
Could very well have been custom precasts that have to be remade (damaged in transit or installation?). They go to the back of the queue for a new order that small. Could take months/years?

It is probably like the damaged windows at One Dalton -- which took forever to get replaced, because they were so custom, and no longer had a slot in the production queue.

Could very well have been custom precasts that have to be remade (damaged in transit or installation?). They go to the back of the queue for a new order that small. Could take months/years?

It is probably like the damaged windows at One Dalton -- which took forever to get replaced, because they were so custom, and no longer had a slot in the production queue.
Just for reference, the decorative cladding went up March last year, and people on this forum noticed it was taken down on April 4, 2023. So they've already been trying to fix this for well over a year.

That's surprising it would take so long. As someone who knows nothing about this kind of work, I figure "It's just precast concrete..." But regardless, I hope it's fixed soon.

Back