Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

7D4137FC-3B39-42C7-88D9-4FF361E5A2BB.jpeg
2A30B1C4-551A-4B94-B4D9-499D3B31278D.jpeg

Of all the Winthrop Center perspectives that a pedestrian can glimpse from around Downtown, I like the one looking up Summer Street, near Fort Pt. Channel, the best, based on what I've seen so far.

The rising tower's two wings envelop 155 Fed. in a very pleasing way, to my thinking. To me, the looming bulk is inspiring and impressive and not out-of-scale...

Its starting to become visible on the skyline! This is truly a pretty massive addition to the downtown core.

From a distance the brown tinting looks good, but up close it looks like cheap tinting applied to an IROC. It doesn’t ruin the building, but it’s going to annoy me when I walk past it.

From a distance the brown tinting looks good, but up close it looks like cheap tinting applied to an IROC. It doesn’t ruin the building, but it’s going to annoy me when I walk past it.

Is this based of photo observation or in person observation? The photo's here are great but sometimes don't capture things well. I need to swing by later and see for myself.

Is this based of photo observation or in person observation? The photo's here are great but sometimes don't capture things well. I need to swing by later and see for myself.

I'd also imagine the windows are probably filthy at this point. Hopefully, look better once all is said and done and they get a good power washing.

Based on a quick floor count (c.25), the lower of the two halves has basically topped out, plus or minus the 'Residential Club' floor. All the remaining floors should be the narrower tower portion (floors 27-52):

Winthrop Garage Tower.png

Back