Yotel Hotel | SPSQ parcel J | 65 Seaport Blvd | South Boston Waterfront

I guess I shouldn't reveal that I had been thinking about posting that for the last few months.

25287180213_0cc8b6e60e_b.jpg

Steel galore on the site today. First several beams have been installed and many more on next to the Courthouse headhouse being organized.

Large beams coming in hot last night and today going over the Courthouse Station headhouse.

9QaoA3y.jpg

Mr. Beeline - did you take these pictures yesterday morning? I think I may have walked by you taking pictures.

Thanks Beeline, been wondering how this thing was shaping up. Im anxious to see the effect of the new street wall and if it makes seaport blvd look slimmer with 1 seaport sq on the other side. Wide sidewalks with a lot of trees and benches can do wonders for trimming down some of the expansiveness. Plus it would be good to have a lot of room for all of the ground level retail that is coming to the area. Looks good so far. Its still going to be wider than needed but I think this will help to trim it down a lot. On the bright side the wideness of the road gives you a nice skyline view when your heading towards downtown. I wonder if they are still going to line the median with shrubs down the middle. I think that will look pretty good. Worst comes to worst they could do a mini Commonwealth ave down the middle haha.

I wish they'd leave the building completed in the pattern it's in right now, stepped up as you go away from the new church, each column reaching one floor higher as they go away from downtown, like a flight of stairs. Would open up some pretty awesome new hotel views too.

Middle of the building is just about to the 11th floor which I believe is the top. This building is a great filler for this block.

Is the Yotel's technology of using pneumatic suction to grip its concrete panels standard practice or cutting edge?

I was fascinated by the red gripper apparatus with 4 gasketed square panels and a vacuum pump running continuously on top. As I understand it, the horizontal tube is both structural and a vacuum tank.
Whose job is it to check the fuel tank? The two-man crew did loosely loop safety cables at both ends, but I still wouldn't want to lose vacuum on the panels.

I walked by this morning, those floor to floor heights look really small in person. It has to be only like 8 feet from top of slab to underside of slab, and that's without any mechanical or plumbing installed yet.

Is that bump on the back where the elevators/stairwells are going?

Back