30 Dalton St. Residences | Back Bay

18086303589_289db3ac50_b.jpg

I wonder if they'll use that crane for both projects for a good while? Seems like a nice efficiency gain and cost savings if they can pull it off.

The reach is certainly there. The boom extends over about half of the 1 Dalton site at the very least.

The reach is certainly there. The boom extends over about half of the 1 Dalton site at the very least.

Downburst -- I very much doubt that there will be only one tower crane

if you look at the recent post [5/31] by DHZ for the 1 Dalton Four Seasons project you will see several Amquip vehicles and crane components [aka self proclaimed as "the Crane People"] at the 1 Dalton site

From 5/31

Last edited:
I was just following up meddlepal's comment (that using the 30 Dalton crane for both projects for a time could conceivably bring about some cost/time efficiency in the construction process). There will obviously need to be at least one separate crane for 1 Dalton.

A tad off topic for this page, but any guesses if 1 Dalton's crane will be placed along the tower's perimeter or within the tower's core?

I was just following up meddlepal's comment (that using the 30 Dalton crane for both projects for a time could conceivably bring about some cost/time efficiency in the construction process). There will obviously need to be at least one separate crane for 1 Dalton.

A tad off topic for this page, but any guesses if 1 Dalton's crane will be placed along the tower's perimeter or within the tower's core?

My guess is crane will be sited to optimize the pick from the arriving vehicles carrying the materials needed to build the structure -- one side of the tower -- most likely the furthest from 30 Dalton to avoid interference

I've hated that Hilton since day 1...the mirrored corner treatment didn't help. It was as if they didn't care except to build a tall warehouse for conventioneers. At least the 1st Sheraton tower is a period piece for the Pru Center.

Wasn't there another parcel north of the Hilton that was put out to bid by MassDOT more recently? With 30 Dalton to the south and this other tower from the north over the Pike, it could just get lost amidst the new construction...

I think that was one of the Turnpike air rights parcels. Like with ALL the air rights parcels they selected a developer and then the developer waits forever to actually build it because the economics of the Pike air rights don't work.

Back