30 Dalton St. Residences | Back Bay

1FvGJeh.jpg

I thought Id post a refresher of what this thing is gonna look like, but looking at the websites Im not sure I get what it's actually going to look like - conflicting renders on the Pei Cobb Freed & Parners site

1215-4.jpg

1215-1.jpg

And the Cambridge 7 site has the same two images that are fairly different in the details...

Also, a few more on those sites I came across that I hadnt seen before:
From Boylston St
BD-SK-A-256-MR-MECH-ROOF-STUDIES-2A+3A-4.jpg

And then from Dalton St w/ CSC to your back
cam11-mr-dalton-south-1.jpg

1215-5.jpg

I also was not aware there was going to be a nice little park, dont know how I missed or forgot that
1215-3.jpg

Am I going crazy or aren't these all the same design but rendered from different angles?...

In the first and third images, the bulge is visible, but not so in the 4th image where it should be visible.

It is there in the fourth image but it's not very obvious. It just makes the building look more like a wedge shape than it actually is from that angle. I also think they messed with the perspective some to give that effect.

The swell in the principal elevation is not visible in the fourth or fifth image and shouldn't be. It's not difficult to reconcile the plan with the renderings. Flat face along public alley, and then two short flat faces along Dalton Street. The rightmost face in the renderings in question is that second short face along Dalton. The bow front is behind what is visible in the rendering, and faces Belvidere. All is well.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. I'm glad I'm not going completely crazy from the last couple of weeks and still have my spatial reasoning skills.

Still fairly boring on the visuals

17563219035_be765bcd0d_b.jpg

17375408498_9300e2e82b_b.jpg

But hey, look what we're getting soon

17375405228_263404eab4_b.jpg

I imagine the character of St Germain street will be pretty drastically changed, not necessarily in a bad way-- gotta build up/be a modern city sometime:

17546361403_abb0959d51_b.jpg

Back