Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

After this, I hope the Whole Foods/Citizens Bank parcel is next for a large mixed-use development (there would likely be a furor if it didn't include a parking garage to make up for the surface lot, though).

Boston Development Group Forms Venture with National Development for Cleveland Circle Project

November 17, 2014 — Boston Development Group (BDG) and National Development announced today that they are forming a joint venture to develop the site of the former Circle Cinema at the intersection of Beacon Street and Chestnut Hill Avenue in Boston. The companies will jointly develop the property. Charles River Realty Investors will provide the capital for the project.

Ted Tye, Managing Partner of National Development, stated, “We are pleased to help bring development of this landmark site to fruition. There has been a great deal of effort put forth to date from the City of Boston, Town of Brookline, and the local community. Our combined team will work to move the project forward, with an anticipated mid-2015 construction start.”

Tye and BDG project manager John Meunier indicate that the program for the two building project would be similar to the currently proposed mixed-use hotel, residential and retail plan. The 162-key hotel and 92-unit residential project with retail along Chestnut Hill Ave will have some design modifications, including an overall decrease in building area. The developers plan the residential building as an age-restricted adult community much like National Development’s award-winning Waterstone at Wellesley independent living community in Wellesley Lower Falls, in part to address neighborhood comments.

“We see a huge need for urban residential alternatives for active senior adults,” said Tye. The Circle site’s access to public transportation, retail amenities in Cleveland Circle, Boston College, the reservoir and the adjacent park make it ideal for the hotel and active adult community. We’re strongly committed to excellence in building and landscape design and creating an active streetscape.”

A new design team has been formed. The architect for the project is Boston-based Elkus Manfredi Architects with the Boston studio of Stantec providing civil engineering and landscape architecture. Newton-based Cranshaw Construction is providing pre-development services

http://www.natdev.com/news/boston-d...ational-development-cleveland-circle-project/

Ugh. So yet another round of renders, comments, approvals... And it's become a retirement community?

Brighton gas station on edge of Brookline could be replaced by apartment building

A developer has filed plans with the BRA to replace a gas station and small office building at 5 Washington St., across from the Whole Foods and next to the Brookline line, with a 145-unit, six-story residential building.

In its filing, Urban Spaces LLC of Cambridge says it would also build a two-level, 105-car garage under the 80-foot-tall building and leave space for new stores.

Urban Spaces is proposing units that run the gamut from 496-square-foot studios to 1,024-square foot "two bedroom +" units. Some 19 units will be set aside as "affordable."

Render included

http://www.universalhub.com/2014/brighton-gas-station-edge-brookline-could-be

Check this out:

http://bostonredevelopmentauthority...acon Street/37-43 North Beacon Street_LOI.pdf

Mt Vernon moving in on 37 North Beacon Street.

(this one will consume 1-3 Sinclair Street. I'm not entirely sure, but that owner might have been one of the big NIMBYs against Mariscal. I guess the owner of 1-3 Sinclair just wanted to sell out... explains a lot)

How about this one? Ever going to see action on 37 N Beacon? LOI filed 15 months ago and then nothing. I thought Mount Vernon was a productive developer. They just sold their Green District for $150MM, now do some magic over here.

How about this one? Ever going to see action on 37 N Beacon? LOI filed 15 months ago and then nothing. I thought Mount Vernon was a productive developer. They just sold their Green District for $150MM, now do some magic over here.

Without going back through the the tread, I thought there was pending lawsuit over the actual ownership of this parcel. I think the guy that proposed the car free mandatory place was suing. Could have made that all up though.

I never heard of a lawsuit.

Speaking of quiet parcels, I'm still wondering what's up with the old Washington Allston school grounds.

And for that matter, 450 Cambridge Street. Although it has not been as long, in that case.

Hmm, I thought Mariscal was out of the running long ago. That article is from Apr 2013.

Mt Vernon submitted a LOI for 37 N Beacon Street back in Fall of 2013, IIRC.

I guess they could have submitted the LOI without control of the property (so the BRA says).

IMG_20141227_133718.jpg

corner of Adamson:
IMG_20141227_132459.jpg

IMG_20141227_132502.jpg

Wow! Charing Cross is quite a pile...hope they're prudent about sheathing/colors!

Two more small projects in the area:

386 Market St. (replacing brighton beer garden) - 5 stories, 23 units (3 affordable), 1500 sq ft ground floor retail, 26 parking spaces. PNF - http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/eee97cea-2c53-4bf0-a931-4491aee2b9fe

1505 Comm Ave - (next to Charing Cross) conversion/renovation from office to residential and recladding. 84 units, 74 parking spots. PNF - http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/getattachment/f12bbd6c-0259-468e-9a41-d97329d2d55a

While we're on the topic:

5 Washington Street (BRA filing) -- recently revised to 134 units / 103 parking -- comments due Jan 31st.

1505 Comm Ave comment deadline will be Feb 6th, I believe.

International Bikes stated "IBC has permanently closed our Brighton store and sold the Brighton property to a private developer."

Looking into it, appears they sold to Samuels & Associates. They bought not only the storefront, but the 3 family out back that goes with the parking at 41 Gardner.

Not sure if anything interesting will happen, but taking over Budget next door as well would make for a nice plot of land.

Back