Assembly Square Infill and Small Developments | Somerville

Eater coverage here:
http://boston.eater.com/2015/8/17/9163189/southern-kin-cookhouse-assembly-row-somerville

Boston Nightlife Ventures — the group behind Wink & Nod, The Tap Trailhouse, and Griddler's Burgers + Dogs — will appear before the Somerville licensing board this week to secure the necessary permits to open Southern Kin Cookhouse and Bar at 500 Assembly Row.

BNV president Euz Azevedo announced the new concept on Twitter in June and shared a blueprint, which appears to show a space that seats at least 100. A Facebook page for the restaurant promises a fall/winter 2015 opening.

Well I butchered that name, haha.

Thanks for the details, sounds promising.

Are both fenced in parcels being developed at the same time? Or are they using one as a staging/backfill area? I know the one nearest AVA is where the "high rise" is going. Great shot btw.

In other Assembly news. From my walk around and reading permits, they are adding a Muse Wine and Paint bar next to the Gymboree and a Southern Kit and Cookhouse next to the Le Creuset from the same owners of Wink n Nod in the South End.

The other fenced area is staging. The pile in the picture is actually where a parking garage is going to be soon.

Been watching them dig holes and then fill them back up the past few days... stuff's happening, I suppose.
20658430415_a1e78c1479_b.jpg

You should take daily pics from a tripod and create a timelapse. It'll be impressive considering the high-rise hotel and massive parking garage.

No tripod, but I take my morning coffee right in the corner of our garage while the wife smokes a cig, so I can take a pic daily from the same spot. Great idea!

Also, its an apartment with a condo tower. The hotel is going across the street, behind slumbrew. The other fenced off parcel is going to be temporary parking, probably so they can start tearing up the hotel site soon.

If i have my bearings correct believe that is parcel 6, a loft apartment building, garage and tower with a bunch of ground floor retail / commercial.

HYVwwYC.png

Update from city documents: Block 6 was approved are good to go as far as city approvals last September. Renders I haven't seen before here:
NOraVT7.png

rHz6hhg.png

Block 5 and Block 9 were approved this summer—Block 5 just in July with a reduction in height from 14 to 13 stories. http://www.somervillema.gov/sites/d...lyRowBlock5Revision_StaffReport2015.07.14.pdf

I'd imagine they will rope off Block 5 (north of Slumbrew) once the temporary parking at #9 is complete.

Great news.

So, took a ride up Rt 93 this weekend for first time in probably a year and a half. The Partners building is that enormous building going up at Assembly? Obv., it is, but I figured it was housing - a lot of housing - when we drove by.

Meanwhile on block 6, since they started work they've been digging holes then filling them up again. A few days ago they left one open, you can see it roped off in this pic from Friday:
21416670339_352b811e2b_b.jpg

Today some remediation folks showed up to gift wrap an old pipe:
21592261912_011e36a0f0_b.jpg

Awkard village people party?
21577441286_18598b2738_b.jpg

They're also about to start pile driving. Should see this thing going vertical soon. I've been taking shots from basically the same angle every day. Eventually I'll make a slideshow.

Great news.

So, took a ride up Rt 93 this weekend for first time in probably a year and a half. The Partners building is that enormous building going up at Assembly? Obv., it is, but I figured it was housing - a lot of housing - when we drove by.

The parking garage is twice the size of the building...

The parking garage is twice the size of the building...
..because most people's cars are bigger than their cubicle :-/ A testament to the genius of automaking and the stinginess of corporate office planners.

Ok, not quite, but, yeah, cars take up a freakish amount of space vs the 3 square feet of floor space a (standing) human requires. Still, I'm pretty sure that Partners is assuming fewer than 1 parking spot per worker and that fully-built, the garages arent *that* bad.

Back