Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

Such vivid colors in those photos!

^ LOL, that would be because I use the "vivid colors" setting on my camera pretty much all the time. I love my little Canon!

kz, more great pics, thanks! Whoever came up with the idea of the Harbor Walk really has to be commended! And good for the city to make sure it happened!

^ LOL, that would be because I use the "vivid colors" setting on my camera pretty much all the time. I love my little Canon!
me too! luv the cannons!

wow. those columns are spectacular.

Do we know what the retail is yet? Starbucks and??

Those columns are gorgeous. They look cathedral-esque - almost reminiscent of Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.

What is that kiosk by the waterfront? Bathrooms? Information desk?

^ harbor walk information desk and bathrooms.

palindrome said:
Do we know what the retail is yet? Starbucks and??

Though their spaces were far from ready, Boloco will be mid-block on Federal (next to the garage entrance) and a Smith & Wollensky will be going in at the corner with the Harborwalk.

Hope they can put some really big Palm Trees in there with the columns

Some shots of the views from the Lofts at Atlantic Wharf, the apartment portion of the building(s). There are 86 apartments ranging in size from studios to three-bedrooms.

The apartments are on floors 3-7 of the "old" building facing Atlantic Ave. There is a common function room and fitness center on level 2. There is a separate entrance for renters at 530 Atlantic Ave; workers enter through the side on Congress Street.

There are two rows of apartments. One row is made up of studios and one-bedrooms that overlook the inner-courtyard between the apartments and the office tower. So, no outside views.

The apartments on the other side range from one-bedrooms with dens to three bedrooms. Many of the doors inside the apartments are sliders, so you can make the units feel bigger by opening them all up. Many bedrooms are "loft" style with sliders and four-fifths walls. That won't please everyone. Most people like regular bedrooms with walls.

Kitchen finishes are really nice. Floors are either carpeting or a dark (stained?) hardwood. Units on the top (7th) floor have 10+ foot ceilings and really large, original windows.

All units on the Atlantic Ave side have large windows with (unobstructed) views of the Rose Kennedy Greenway. Presumably, those views are never going to go away.

Rents for the studios start around $2,500 per month and one-to-two bedrooms are in the $4,500-$5,200 range. The largest penthouse units (some that are duplexes) go from $6,200 - $8,000 or so.

IMG01403-20110702-1228-e1309629683215.jpg

IMG01401-20110702-1222-e1309629716851.jpg

IMG01395-20110702-1213-e1309629741310.jpg

IMG01393-20110702-1212-e1309629793471.jpg

IMG01391-20110702-1208-e1309629813251.jpg

IMG01390-20110702-1151-e1309629834587.jpg

IMG01389-20110702-1150-e1309629854633.jpg

http://www.atlanticwharflofts.com/?home

Too bad that the plan to build the greenhouse complex down near Dewey Sq. never got off the paper -- that mechanical vent building for the tunnel is really out of place and ruins a great view

If the vent building had been designed to be aesthetically pleasing in the first place that wouldn't be a problem now.

Those apartments look nice. The fact that the studios don't have any 'outside' views is interesting. I guess I would settle for the lack of views if the price was right though. A bit pricey for me, as it's exactly what my gross monthly pay is.

If the vent building had been designed to be aesthetically pleasing in the first place that wouldn't be a problem now.

Is there a plan to re-design that ventilation building? I haven't been keeping up with this thread so apologies if that has already been discussed. I agree that more thought could have been put into the structure's design based on it's prime location.

Those apartments look nice. The fact that the studios don't have any 'outside' views is interesting. I guess I would settle for the lack of views if the price was right though. A bit pricey for me, as it's exactly what my gross monthly pay is.

Is there a plan to re-design that ventilation building? I haven't been keeping up with this thread so apologies if that has already been discussed. I agree that more thought could have been put into the structure's design based on it's prime location.

what is the price ranges?

The vent building was designed to be hidden by the Garden Under Glass -- which unfortunately hasn't been built.

(Similar problem to the blank wall of the TD Garden, which was never supposed to be visible behind new development on Causeway Street.)

The studios start around $2,500 per month. The two-beds with one and a half baths, around 1,090 square feet start at $4,650 on the 4th floor up to $4,975 or so for the 7th (penthouse/top floor).

There is a 7th floor ~1,720 square foot, two-bed, two-bath duplex for $6,150.

Parking is an additional $399 per month in the underground garage.

Back