Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

From last night

IMG_8297.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg

"Twin" spire?

IMG_8341.jpg

IMG_8359.jpg

The vent building was designed to be hidden by the Garden Under Glass -- which unfortunately hasn't been built.

(Similar problem to the blank wall of the TD Garden, which was never supposed to be visible behind new development on Causeway Street.)

Perfect Canvas for Dynamic LED Art

Before we begin....whats this? I believe it was a lobster place the burned down?

IMG_0148.jpg

Anyway:

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160-1.jpg

Red Hook Lobster Co.?

The reopened like right next to that, though.

EDIT: Meant to say James Hook Co

What type of camera do you use and do you mess around with all the settings or do they all come out like that?

What type of camera do you use and do you mess around with all the settings or do they all come out like that?

Canon SD850. The only setting I ever use is ISO+exposure for low light situations. Ive been using it for 3+ years now.

The black spot of doom says its time for a new camera though.

good pix -- looks like you covered most of what you can see from the ground level

Looks like it could be an interesting complex when the street level is all built-out for the retail / restaurants

They need some big pots with Big Plants in the lobby to go with those Big Columns

i will post a picture from last October inside Marina Bay Hotel in Singapore

The sidewalk on Congress street could use some awnings or street trees. That's got to be a brutal stretch in the unrelenting summer sun right now.

I really like this one. And cool to hear you have the SD850.... I've been rocking the 870 for two years now, but sometime very soon I'll be picking up a brand new SLR! Watch out y'all.

my cannon also has a black dot on it too,time for a new one any suggestions?

From yesterday's Metro. I couldn't believe my eyes... cheaper than what I'm paying on Worthington!

xpa4bs.jpg

my cannon also has a black dot on it too,time for a new one any suggestions?

If your camera's still under warranty then you can send it in and they'll clean the sensor for free. Otherwise it'll set you back around $100.... might be worth it.

Oh and I'm looking at the Canon 50D, though I might suck it up and get the much more expensive 7D. Then again that would leave me with no money for lenses, so maybe not.

I don't want to get into a side discussion on the stupidity of the city's affordable housing programs, but yeah, if you qualify, lucky you, you just won the lottery!

Those income numbers seem extremely high. Is the US median income 45,000?

Per household (which probably averages out to something a bit less than 2 adults, since not every household has 2 adults, if I recall my methodologies correctly), it is ~$45K.

i wandered into Atlantic Wharf's lobby the other day and all i have to say is wow. those columns are amazing but the real stunner is the waterfalls. water trickling down a handful of stories on what is basically thread. beautiful.

It certainly doesn't seem fair that a very small handful of people get to pay what looks like less than half as much as everybody else.

Why not just allow more housing to be built, so maybe prices can drop for EVERYBODY and we don't have to win the lottery to find a decent place to live.

It's Boston median income, so yeah, it's higher than national.

2009 Census estimates household median at $52,433, families median at $59,347 and married families median at $86,932.

It certainly doesn't seem fair that a very small handful of people get to pay what looks like less than half as much as everybody else.

Why not just allow more housing to be built, so maybe prices can drop for EVERYBODY and we don't have to win the lottery to find a decent place to live.

Less opportunities for graft. 'Affordable housing' is nothing but a shakedown in Boston. Everyone else pays a great deal more (outright discrimination) and development is slowed so that a few chosen people can get a favored deals or else the the BRA slush fund gets a contribution.

A) It's not a slush fund that gets the contribution -- from what I understand the BRA's ENTIRE BUDGET is funded by exactions made of developers during the negotiations for relief from zoning (e.g. variances).

B) The square footage is not listed with those affordable housing units. I wouldn't be surprised if 1-bedroom studios are <500 square feet.

Back