Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Steel is going to be encasing the elephant ramp starting next week!

What the heck is the elephant ramp?

Ramp built into the Gahdn to allow the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey elephants to enter the Gahdn for the annual visit of the circus

Of course since the whole Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey elephants parade is now in the rear-view-mirror of history -- the need for an elephant ramp seems questionable

Today the elephant ramp -- tomorrow the Swan Boats -- oh well ;)

from the era of when there was an elephant walk -- in the dim dark past of 2010
https://www.facebook.com/events/124421867611117/
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 1:30pm - 2:30pm

Pacific Ave, Cambridge to TD Garden

1:30 pm (TENTATIVE) -9 elephants on foot, 10 horses, and 2 ponies join Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey trainers and handlers as they walk through the streets of Cambridge and Boston to the TD Garden.

Walking Route:
The animals will depart Pacific Ave in Cambridge then turn right onto Albany St then right onto Mass Ave. They will turn left on Memorial drive and stay on Memorial Drive to the Charles River Bridge on Msgr O'Brien Highway. They will turn right to cross the Charles River Bridge and pass in front of the Museum of Science. They will then go down Martha Road and take a left on Nashua Street to the Garden ramp.

Some of the biggest stars at Ringling Bros. – our four-legged performers – will be making their way through the streets of Boston on Tuesday, October 12.

The Ringling Bros. Animal Walk heralds the arrival of the all new production of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, ZING ZANG ZOOM, which is sure to be thrilling entertainment for the whole family. As the animals make their way to the TD Garden, everyone in Boston will have a chance to see this magnificent menagerie up close. Featured in the Ringling Bros. and Animal Walk will be the pachyderm performers – including 9 Asian elephants born at the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Center for Elephant Conservation®, a 200-acre facility dedicated to the reproduction, research and retirement of the endangered Asian elephant.

On October 13-17, 2010 at the TD Garden, the mystery and magic and the mastery of skill will leave audiences spellbound as Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents ZING, ZANG, ZOOM®, a mind-blowing circus spectacular where family fun is no illusion.

16352196783_b90c56e5ec_b.jpg

Welcome retrievers (my breed of dog as well btw)! Thanks for the great pics!

The footprint is smaller than I thought. This will be more slender than I was imagining. Nice.

Same here. I've walked by here on multiple occasions to see the progress myself and each time I've struggled to figure out what type of view the people on the lower floors facing north at the sheer wall of the garden are going to get.

I also didn't realise that the first several floors in the podium are going to be almost exclusively parking. I looked through the whole thread for more renders from different angles, maybe even some plans for the building's programming. Is it all in the BRA docs?

The footprint is smaller than I thought. This will be more slender than I was imagining. Nice.

Looking at the render, it's not that slender. The wide part seems to be against the Garden. So Maybe it's just the way they're building it? Unless the plan has changed significantly...

Back