Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

21478321414_a5c8e403a6_b.jpg

21478320444_fb47aaa754_b.jpg

Golden -- just makes me sick to see that ugly Oneil Fed squating on a prime piece of land -- with over 2M sq. ft. of office space available in downtown Boston to chose from - the GSA should sell the Oneil site and move into private space

Oneil's footprint would be a great location for a family-friendly Marriott-Copley-scale hotel -- but taller -- with some mid-high priced condos glued-on for extra income

1st time I've seen that mural, how long has that been there?

I remember it being there when I was working for Stantec on Portland Street. I left in 2013, but I remember it being there a couple of years before then. Used to walk through that lot on my way to Mulligan's for lunch.

From 10/11. The highest part is pushing into 27-28.

Just a touch of sprucing up would make that runt building a tolerable addition to the area. It could be quite funky, in fact (especially with the stereo adverts it already sports)!

Just a touch of sprucing up would make that runt building a tolerable addition to the area. It could be quite funky, in fact (especially with the stereo adverts it already sports)!

That "runt" is The Last Tenement (google it) and is by far the oldest thing in the area. Everything else is "an intolerable addition" compared to what was bulldozed.

A modern rowhouse on each side would be really nice.

That "runt" is The Last Tenement (google it) and is by far the oldest thing in the area. Everything else is "an intolerable addition" compared to what was bulldozed.

Blah blah blah history. It's really out of place now. I'd be okay with either moving it (gasp!) or building around it somehow.

This building has some girth to it. I wish we could get some more elegant and slim buildings in the city

I'm fine with girth all else being equal. It brings much needed additional units and density.

That is also just about the absolute widest that building can look because of perspective so from most areas it will appear a little thinner than it does above.

Back