Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Kinda cheap looking. Hopefully in time other buildings will hide it.

I keep going back & forth on that. I've definitely had my "oh that looks super chintzy" moments, but other times I feel like they used just enough glass and well-defined lines to offset the cheap look of the precast. I am going to withhold judgement until the construction elevator is buttoned up...but I'm leaning toward "cheap" too.

Good news is it will soon be surrounded by other towers.
Bad news is there will never be anything blocking it from view when you're coming inbound from I-93 from the north.

image_zpsn0va3xtr.jpeg

Tobyjug -- in the above photo the new tower is far superior to everything else in the foreground and most everything visible to the right of the tower

But the real good news is that from the North the two things to catch ones attention are the TD Garden to the right and the Converse complex to the left

Boston-Night-Photography-Juergen-Roth-246.jpg

So you can't see it coming in over the Zakim? I would think it definitely stands out driving in from the north.

So you can't see it coming in over the Zakim? I would think it definitely stands out driving in from the north.

Atlanataden -- No of course you can see it -- but unless you are far enough back on 93 S [e.g. just after where the Leverett ramp exits from the highway], or on the leverett Connector and its own bridge you are only seeing it peripherally
convert

The towers associated with the Hub on Causeway will be far more conspicuous

It dominates the skyline from the Zakim

Boston -- that is a disingenuous photo -- if you are looking at the highway in front of you while driving on the bridge its a peripheral part of your view. TD Garden dominates the view just to the right of the edge of the highway

Exactly ^ is their any other kind of traffic in Boston

Last edited:

Back