Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

Bringing this back to design: that portion of the mech screen is not clad in pre-cast like the rest of it; it will be an aesthetic continuation of the glass (though I don't believe actual glass), and whether they're waiting on panels or whatever, finishing off the crown in that area should actually have an impact on how this whole thing looks from certain angles...

Stick -- what a glorious opportunity to convert the Oneil into a development -- in today's real estate market -- converting that to a laboratory [approx $1,000 per sq ft] would make a measurable dent in today's addition to the National Debt [approx + $2B / day ]

What do they do in that building? can't they be moved to JFK building or another government building near by , this one needs to go, so out of place in that area

^a whole bunch of random fed. gov functions, including cargo shipping customs functions that used to be in the customs house tower:

1986–present:
In 1986 when custom officials of the United States Customs Service moved to the Thomas P. O'Neill Jr. Federal Building in the West End, the Custom House on State Street was declared "surplus property". On April 16, 1987, the city of Boston purchased the building from the General Services Administration. The building remained unoccupied and inaccessible for 14 years. It was converted into an 84-room time share resort by Marriott Vacation Club International starting in 1997.

On storrow near BU this building creates a crown over the west end + mass general and it actually looks very good. The glass hospital tower with the steps lead directly into the glass top portion of this tower and its become the king of this isolated piece of the skyline. Cant believe it but it surprisingly looks very good. It gives that part of the skyline a defining piece that it did not have before and it seems to have more purpose than when it was just a few scattered stumps. Now there is a peak that the rest of the buildings radiate away from.

This is the closest picture I could find. This appears to be from the Cambridge side of the mass ave bridge. From the Boston end and from Storrow/ the Esplanade it is much more pronounced.
last week

Last edited:
So i'm thinking of renting in this apartment building so I signed up for email notification.

Apparently they're planning to start leasing in early August.

With AVA Theater District, you can sign up for pre-leasing and put a deposit down for an apartment, which won't be ready for 30-60 days or so. Once its ready you can tour the building and decide whether you want the unit or not.

Here is some info...
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...97519&ca=57e5ace0-49fb-418a-9fe1-9acd03139fca

I just came present to the location of this building with respect to the rest of the skyline. It is just far enough away that if you have a southeast exposure on a fairly high floor, you will have a sick view of downtown as well as the harbor/ocean.

Amazing how nice this turned out - compared to it's recent crud neighbors.

That cage like structure on the other side represents done?

Or is it eventually going to match the other side?

The pedestrian passageway / retail arcade at ground level has been closed off for the last week or so. I'm excited to see how that turns out...

It will eventually be clad I believe; however, I don't think it will match I think the renders showed it as either glass or a gray cladding of some sort.

Amazing how nice this turned out - compared to it's recent crud neighbors.

That cage like structure on the other side represents done?

Or is it eventually going to match the other side?

The cage is just a support structure its going to be clad hopefully in glass.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-27-at-7.52.54-AM.png

The good thing is this is going to have a great lighting scheme. A light going up the side, across the crown, and I recall hearing also around the box windows like the mandarin in vegas. It appears to show in the render though very faintly so well have to wait and see.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-27-at-8.23.26-AM.png

635495031796600008-20141017-MandarinOriental01.JPG

Thanks. I wish Millennium had some soft dark blueish lights.

Just enough to show the top would be fantastic.

The white precast crap on some of these new buildings is going to look so dated and decrepit in 10-20 years. It already looks bad here.

I'll take the density but this could have been a much better building. Avalon does such a shit job with its construction.

Back