Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

This came out about as good as I expected from Avalon. Pretty mediocre overall.

This came out about as good as I expected from Avalon. Pretty mediocre overall.

I walk by it 3 days a week and in person, I think it actually looks alright. It's one of those buildings that looks better in person than in the photographs.

Edit - not to say it's amazing or anything - but its presence at the ground level versus what was there before is also such a big improvement, so maybe that's why in person it seems better than it does looking at the pics.

Saw that yesterday as I was heading for my train. Could not see any lighting feature on the north side as we pulled out, but some of Bos 02124 pic's show a long strip running down the NW section of the tower. We can only hope.

I can confirm it has a light strip running down the side which is extremely visible from the greenway. Its extremely bright and it looks amazing. The renders show it also on the north side so soon you should be able to see one from that angle as well.

I drove past this a couple days ago and the street finally feels like its a part of the city. The way they landscaped the area, along with the sculptures, terrace...etc make it feel like its supposed to be there. Its always felt like an unfinished product and kind of wonky, but they finally cleaned it up and got it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside the interior walkway here, on your left if you back is to the last tenement, is a very large and very blank wall of cinder blocks ('cinder' blocks).

Doesn't look promising for any kind of activation. Anyone know what the plan is?

Inside the interior walkway here, on your left if you back is to the last tenement, is a very large and very blank wall of cinder blocks ('cinder' blocks).

Doesn't look promising for any kind of activation. Anyone know what the plan is?

i forget where and when, but i do remember seeing those walls covered in some type of bruins/Celtics mural.

was most likely promo material or something and not based on reality but they certainly do need some type of treatment.

no signs of construction of Tasty Burger here yet.

anyone with pix (more) of the exterior lighting? is the crown lit up yet?

I think it looks really good. Its the only one like it on the skyline at night. Were starting to get a good mix of lighting styles from the custom house, to atlantic wharf, to 1IP, to this. This tower also widened the skyline a lot and with the GCG in place the gap will be filled in really nicely because the longfellow towers fill the gap between GCG and NST. I wonder if the hub on causeway towers will be back far enough to not block this from East Boston. It seems like it will be, but I hope not.

Article in today's Herald.....

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2016/12/towering_views_above_north_station

The new 38-story Avalon North Station apartment complex is a towering presence on the Boston skyline that will offer residents panoramic views of the Financial District, North End, Boston Harbor and the Zakim Bridge.

Located next to TD Garden, the recently opened 503-unit building is the largest of the city’s newly built apartment complexes and offers a wide variety of apartment styles and rents.

You can rent a studio here starting at $2,335, which is a good deal in a high-end Boston building with all the amenities we have,” said Scott Dale, senior vice president of development at AvalonBay Communities. “At the other end of the spectrum are $11,000 three-bedroom penthouses with condo-quality finishes.”

The apartments start on floor 7, above a lobby with a 24/7 concierge, a second-floor leasing and amenity space area and four levels of garage parking.

There’s a large resident lounge and fitness facility, plus a yoga studio on the second floor, along with banquette seating, free Wi-Fi and a laundry room with commercial-size washing machines.

On the 35th floor will be a sky lounge with a catering kitchen, gas fireplace and game room, plus an adjacent outdoor roof terrace with a built-in fireplace and grilling stations. Both will offer panoramic views of Boston and beyond when they open in February.

There are three tiers of finishes for apartments from floors 7-21, 21-35 and three floors of penthouse apartments on floors 36-38, with ceilings up to 11 feet high. Upper-level apartments have larger kitchens and waterfall-style islands, as well as upgraded backsplashes and appliances.

Studios, with anywhere from 460 to 527 square feet, run from $2,335-$3,195. One-bedrooms, from 592 to 1,020 square feet, are renting from $2,805-$5,585. Two-bedrooms lease for $3,475 to $7,225 and are 1,039-1,320 square feet. And the complex has 31 three-bedrooms priced from $5,435 to $11,710 with square footage from 1,217-1,704. Garage parking is $400 a month per space and pets, which can be washed in the building’s Wag Spa, are $85 a month for up to two animals.

The complex is 10 percent leased, with apartments above the 12th floor becoming available from next month until July.

“We’re seeing a lot of millennial renters, some empty-nesters, as well as people coming from other West End buildings,” said Tod Salmonson, Avalon North Station’s senior community manager. He says that the building is offering up to six weeks of free rent with leases up to 24 months.

We took a look at staged model unit 802, a 1,050-square-foot two-bedroom corner unit with vinyl plank flooring throughout, renting for $3,300 a month. The entryway features closets for coats and a stacked GE washer and dryer. The apartment has an open living/dining kitchen area with two walls of floor-to-ceiling windows looking directly down over the Zakim Bridge. The two-tone kitchen has 16 white gloss and dark brown cabinets with white quartz counters and gray ceramic tile backsplash. There’s a quartz-topped island that seats three with pendant lights above and a built-in sink. GE appliances include a refrigerator, dishwasher and electric stove with a built-in microwave above. The master bedroom suite has a closet with built-in shelving and a bathroom with a tiled walk-in shower. A second bedroom also has its own full bathroom with a tiled tub and shower.

Last edited:
Sweet jesus, those units are massive! A 1,020 sf 1BR is just nuts.

Here is the 1 bed, 1.5 bath with den at 1,020 sq ft, starting at $5,345 on the 36th floor.

Back