Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

@Stick - did they turn on the light strip again? When I passed by it last night (7pm & 11pm) and tonight (5:15pm), it was off.

The light strip wasn't on Thursday or Friday night...at least not before 10pm. Was looking forward to seeing it from high rise parties but instead just blackness...

The light strip wasn't on Thursday or Friday night...at least not before 10pm. Was looking forward to seeing it from high rise parties but instead just blackness...

I walk past it every day and wasn't on this whole week, including tonight :(

FWIW the light strip was back on last night...hoping that the North side light is installed soon, that will look great coming into the city from the north.

31655528332_47a4dfe8c1_b.jpg

When I was leaving my office on Causeway Street, I looked at the easterly facing site of this building. The fascia (These are concrete, so I don't know if there is a better term for what I'm referring to) of the balconies apparently have LED light strips that flash on and off randomly. I haven't seen anyone else post about this, so I'm wondering if other folks have observed this from other angles.

I saw that last night too. It was just one balcony that I saw, but it was very strange...it would be cool if they all lit up but flashing seems odd.

I have clear view of this building from my deck in Chelsea. It was flashing all night long. I thought it was perhaps a fire alarm system going off. It would be cool to have those balconies lit like that but steady and not flashing. I also notice the mechanical top floor has some sort of lighting on as of last night. My problem with this building is that it completely blocks my view of the Pru.

Just think; now 346 people can see the Pru that couldn't see it before.

Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated by all the new West Enders. And by me also.

The exponential utilitarian nature of BIG TOWERS makes me feel good inside,

as i'm sure it does you.

and with the new TOWERS going up in Govt Center, soon the nice North Enders will be losing their views of the Pru too. But hundreds of new residents will be able to walk across the Greenway and get Maria's fine Sicilian thick crust pizza - that heretofore, were forced to take a subway train ride.

God be praised.

My problem with this building is that it completely blocks my view of the Pru.

Probably going to block CSC construction too. At least you should have a nice view of the Garden Towers and Congress Street Garage developments.

There is a strip of lighting on the north side, too, which illuminates that empty area of cladding above the uppermost windows.

It first lit last Thursday (that I saw), and has been lit each night since. I haven't seen it flash, but you can tell there's a differential output between segments of illumination: they are either not voltage matched or (like what happened to the decorative lights early on) misaligned. Further, the color temperature (warm) is stunningly different than the south side's SuperStrip (cold).

Yeah, I was hoping to be able to view the Four Seasons Tower but I'm at the wrong angle to see the tower as well. You're right....the new towers near North Station/TD Garden will be seen from my deck as well as the Government Center garage tower. Years ago, with the completion of the rehabilitation hospital in Charlestown, my view of the old Hancock building was blocked also. Speaking of the view from my deck.....does anyone know why MassPort has not put lights on the Tobin......IMHOP: glorification of the iconic bridge would be a great addition not only to my view but to the entire waterfront areas of surrounding cities.

Now [URL=http://s301.photobucket.com/user/boston02124/media/arch%20bos%202015/IMG_4136_zpskyxy

Hey, folks ... as of 1730hrs tonight a slew of the southside balconies were lit. I didn't take my normal route home so I couldn't confirm the "new arrivals" but I don't recall seeing that before!

Nice enough building all in all, but I just can't get past the white panels looking cheap and slapped on.

It will all probably look better completed and aged a bit.

Back