Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

I think the front looks pretty good but the sides are the most anonymous blob of all time. Its housing though...

There should have been more attention paid to exterior illumination. The mismatched color temperatures between the LED accents and "backyard floodlights" on the crown lighting is, well, just ouch.

On the flip side, at least they finally aligned the upright LED canisters on the podium.

im digging the lit-up balcony accents. anyone know if it'll occasionally vary in color, or is it always going to be blinding white?

Too white and too bright. Good idea, with poor execution. Wish we could get some better color/s down here. Like, maybe they could redo the trim on Longfellow Towers something like pastel blue + violet or navy. And Avalon had gotten something similar. Anything to break the aged concrete and add some color down there. They've done it in Miami on a couple of tall buildings (not just on the deco on Collins Ave/Ocean Dr), and it looks really good.

^nice vantage point

Mods, should thread status be changed to indicate construction is complete?

When the white panels darken over time, the building's look will improve. I still don't get the stark white panels.

^Love those pics. It almost looks like renders (did you apply a filter or is that natural).

And this building isin't anything special but it isin't bad. I like how it adds hundreds of units to downtown at prices that aren't too outrageous.

Engineering team was on site this morning taking a close look at extensive cracks in the concrete sidewalks immediately adjacent to the south-west-facing side of the tower (ie the one pictured above^). Looked like maybe some settling is happening.

Will try to get some photos this PM

Engineering team was on site this morning taking a close look at extensive cracks in the concrete sidewalks immediately adjacent to the south-west-facing side of the tower (ie the one pictured above^). Looked like maybe some settling is happening.

Will try to get some photos this PM

I should be clear that this is PURE amateur speculation on my part.

way too early to jump to conclusions. Cracks in a new sidewalk can be from many different causes, including enduring its first freeze/thaw cycle. And we just had wild temperature swings.

This is non-news until we hear otherwise.

way too early to jump to conclusions. Cracks in a new sidewalk can be from many different causes, including enduring its first freeze/thaw cycle. And we just had wild temperature swings.

This is non-news until we hear otherwise.

Could also be an area where the sidewalk was poured too early, and truck traffic for the construction completion rode over the sidewalk, breaking it up.

It's an apartment and not a condo tower. That would make it easier if this building starts sinking.

Back