Future Skyline

Yes I dig it's domed roof....just added some height to it. The taller one in blue is something I developed on my own as well as the red one shown in the last picture. Went to San Francisco for the first time this summer and wanted to do see a size comparison. SF was cute and had it's charm but I'd say Boston has it beat. Way too many psychiatric patients on the loose in SF.

^Heh heh. I know what you mean.

Nice mockups!

Been watching this thread for awhile now and have been really enjoying all the work you guys have been putting into it! I've messed around myself and wanted to throw out some fantasy "If I were a billionaire" ideas I've had!
EgJcCpC.jpg

xl6FpdH.jpg

1MZS18v.jpg

Nice, I'm loving it, love to see more fantasy buildings popping up in the city

I'm starting to go back through my old models and update them/spruce them up. I won't post again until I get a substantial amount done, but I wanted to give y'all a heads-up.

Here's a skyline view from the SW with an updated Four Seasons at 755', an updated Millennium Tower at 685', and several other buildings under construction/at completion.

More to come.

The Christian Science tower completely throws off the balance of the skyline but lucky the pike air rights parcels should bring a nice downward slope from this peak and all will be right again.

I don't see any 'balance' in the skyline as it is, I think you're just used to looking at the same thing so when you add something drastically different its going to take time to adjust

I don't see any 'balance' in the skyline as it is, I think you're just used to looking at the same thing so when you add something drastically different its going to take time to adjust

I agree. Although, I do love the way the prunand hancock are isolated twin slabs way off from the downtown skyline right now - there is a visual distortion effect when the city is viewed from the south shore - as in from wollaston beach drive, where they look like they're miles away from downtown. It's cool, and when copley and cstnare done, the back bay will look more like a proper skyline than two classic monuments. I'll miss that, but hopeful that the new towers look good and the city keeps expanding.

There actually is a nice balance having a cluster downtown and two tall buildings standing apart. It makes Boston's skyline look unique, but I think the Copley Place Tower is going to throw things off a lot more than the Christian Science tower. But, ya, we'll get used to it, the same way I mostly got used to how tacky 111 Huntington looks there, squatting next to the Prudential.

Imo everyone needs to calm down about the Back Bay skyline changing. I think it will actually look better than before and also balance downtown better once it has some more tall buildings and isn't quite so empty compared to the extremely dense clustering downtown.

I like that there are outliers in our skyline but there's no "balance" it's just what you're used to looking at for years and years. Outliers are the very definition of being unbalanced unless there were equal outliers on the other side in which case We would call them something else. I know I'm quibbling here but pick a better word

I'm smart but I can't name each of the buildings - The Four Seasons and Copley and the Millennium off in the distance, but what are the others? In the middle, that's 40 Trinity?

Left to right, can someone name them? Thanks.

Left to right, can someone name them? Thanks.
30 Dalton
1 Dalton (Four Season Tower)
Avalon Exeter
Avalon North Station
Coply Place Tower
Millennium Tower
Avalon Bay/25 Stuart Street

What the back bay skyline will look like in 10 years with Copley, 1 Dalton, 40 Trinity, and the pike air rights parcels.

I think that the "twin peaks" aspect of the skyline that slopes away from the Pru with the smaller towers behind will be gone for a little while, but once the air rights parcels are built it will be restored.

The effect as of now.

Future:

Last edited:
Just thought people might be interested in seeing a diagram showing Boston's future 10 tallest towers.

VHKoBvI.png

Are we counting the Hub's spire but not the Pru's antenna for height?

Re: Future Skyline Renders

There already is one, its on page 2, and I agree the Bromfield thread isnt the place.

Back