Millennium (Hayward) Place | 580 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Millennium Place III | Hayward Place

Yep, out of towners. Some of the same people who still think The Living Room is cool because Nomar used to hang out there.

I know this is a stretch but you can kinda/sorta see it...?

9003207628_916cd843c7_b.jpg

KZ - better to get a sliver of MPIII rather than face the other way and get that lump being built at the old Dainty Dot site.

Finishing exterior work- they were cleaning the windows today.

I really like those windows, but it seems there is not much direct sunlight. I would have a hard time paying up for those units if I was going to stare at the side of the building across a narrow street with low natural light.

I really like those windows, but it seems there is not much direct sunlight. I would have a hard time paying up for those units if I was going to stare at the side of the building across a narrow street with low natural light.

Welcome to the world of intown, downtown living! Another reason why the higher up you go the more expensive it becomes!

If only this wall had come out as well as the others:

IMG_9266.jpg

It's not too bad. Especially when compared to the bizarre ribbon windows in the courtyard.

I have to admit, it's really only the Washington Street side of this that saves it from the usual banality. The brick color is different for this city but rather unfortunate. It's a pity the large and/or curving windows couldn't be implemented more.

Thanks for the photos, BeeLine.

I actually like the brick siding/narrow windows on the portions of the building that aren't all glass! Definitely gives the feeling of rising height than those sides where the dark glass (which I really like!) gives more a feeling of low-rise bulkiness! And that's coming from me, a guy who loves lots of glass! Only big downside for me are those smallish, square windows which I really dislike! All in all, it's a cool building!

I wouldn't want to be the poor window washer for this building! Though I love the texture the panes give...and the brick color is contextual and kind of retro in contrast to the window treatments.

^ I agree the windows on the Washington st side do alot for it. I really like this building for some reason i dont quite understand..

much needed addition especially once filenes is completed, this area is really becoming nice.

Back