South Boston Infill and Small Developments

Re: South Boston Development

BeeLine, isn't that building on West Second?

360 W.Second is an "L' shaped site. It wraps around the corner building everyone is talking about. The 360 W.Second (south) side of the building will be 4 stories. The F Street (East) side will be 3 stories with a roof deck. The garage entrance is on Dresser St., which is on the north side of the project. Even though the garage entrance is on Dresser (which is a one way alley) the project is not street friendly.

Oh, no doubt. I just like to needle Beton about City Hall when the opportunity arises. :)

Thanks bro!

I see a car parked right outside. Would a corner store interfere with that?

In my experience, neighborhood associations in areas where street-parking is a limited commodity fiercely assail developers to guarantee the maximum possible on-site parking for any new residential development.

I've witnessed pitched battles in East Boston on this topic around the redevelopment of the Columbus Nursing Home on Saratoga Street in Orient Heights. Shouting matches about parking constituted about 75% of the discussion. I was the only one in attendance with the temerity to suggest that the design was in need of a diaper-change. (Construction photo, ca. 2010).

360 W.Second is an "L' shaped site. It wraps around the corner building everyone is talking about. The 360 W.Second (south) side of the building will be 4 stories. The F Street (East) side will be 3 stories with a roof deck. The garage entrance is on Dresser St., which is on the north side of the project. Even though the garage entrance is on Dresser (which is a one way alley) the project is not street friendly.

Right. I was only asking because in Flicker you called it East Second and I couldn't figure out where it was. I work 2 blocks from East Second so I figured it must be W. Second.

Won't be suprised to see MIT relocate before the decade's out.

small crane and I can see the church in my neighborhood ( Dorchester center) from High st
a5b307c2.jpg
Broadway sta.
490dec57.jpg

West Square Project. Central Garage portion of project near completion. Most foundations on the eastern side of the project are in and the walls should start to go up very soon. This is a view from the SE corner of the project.

West Square 10/5

Work on this project is moving at high speed. 5 weeks ago they were pouring the foundation. 10/5

537 E First 10/5

637E. First Street 10/5. Foundations on the west side of the project are in and digging continues on the east side of the site.

637 E. First Str. 10/5

Looks like work has begun at the 630 E. Second Str. Site. This is a shot from First Str. (A driveway into the site). 10/5

630 E. Second Str. 10/5

360 W. Second has been topped off, windows installed, and interior work is in full swing. Siding should be going up soon. 10/5

360 W Second 10/5

I like the people standing out front. The building is so repulsive that it almost looks cheesy that anyone would actually be there. Just like the silly little people that developers love to plaster their renderings with.

EDIT: At least local graffiti artists have one epic wall to throw a mural up on. :rolleyes:

Should be 60 units and 45 parking spaces. Or fewer spaces, even. Why's the BRA still promoting parking lots?

Should be 60 units and 45 parking spaces. Or fewer spaces, even. Why's the BRA still promoting parking lots?

I think South Boston now requires something like 1.3 spaces per unit for all new development

Back