T photo of the day

Thanks for the links. They were thoroughly enjoyed.

As an aside, when did the T stop using 2-car trains on the Red Line? Furthermore, as I was thinking about this, I realized that the T has stopped used 4-car sets during weekends and off-peak periods. When did the standardization to 6-car sets for all service occur?

Thanks for the links. They were thoroughly enjoyed.

As an aside, when did the T stop using 2-car trains on the Red Line? Furthermore, as I was thinking about this, I realized that the T has stopped used 4-car sets during weekends and off-peak periods. When did the standardization to 6-car sets for all service occur?

On the orange line, I think it was immediately upon receiving the current fleet. Though I could be wrong, it may have been a little off from that.

5449964402_5b0d22a191_o.jpg

On the orange line, I think it was immediately upon receiving the current fleet. Though I could be wrong, it may have been a little off from that.

I remember the 4 car set ran on the weekend for at least until the mid 1990s.

So lonely

IMG_8840.jpg

Friday at around 6pm inbound between Alewife and Davis, not a time you'd expect emptiness.

I'd probably assume there was some kind of national emergency / zombie outbreak if I found a car that empty at 6pm on a Friday

Was it the last car on the train or something?

The weather was nice today. That tends to have an effect on subway ridership. But not that much...in that location...

Gah, I wish the RL cars had center poles like NYC. It would make rush-hour a little more comfortable. Does anyone know if there was a reason why they were omitted? It's such a wide aisle and there are spots where you can't reach a pole or handle.

Back