T photo of the day

5166956379_f559718f89_b.jpg

Anyone seen the 3 car GL sets?

I often see them on my commute on the D line weekday mornings. I'm not sure if the B, C, and E line above-ground stations are compatible for these, but the D line certainly is.

I often see them on my commute on the D line weekday mornings. I'm not sure if the B, C, and E line above-ground stations are compatible for these, but the D line certainly is.

The B and D are, the C and E.... not so much.

(Though I think the problem with the E line is either Heath St - I can't remember how big the platform is and if a 3rd car would stick out into the street) or a reluctance on the part of the T to have the trains unload at the street-running stops)

Hooray for complex infrastructure! Too bad you can't run a train faster than 2mph through all those switches and catenary.

The first of these is a fake, created to skew people's opinions of the train going down Tremont Street toward Park Street.

fake_tremont.png

This was for construction workers, not people, I don't think.

tremont_t7.png

We think we have it hard today moving utility and pipe work.

tremont_t6.png

Immigrant labor?

tremont_t5.png

Notice the brickwork overhead??

tremont_t4.png

Heading down Tremont Street

tremont_t3.png

Notice the advertisement: Ride Waverley Bicycles

tremont_t2.png

Cut and cover.

tremont_t1.png

^ Hard to top those, but:

1230001531.jpg

No idea why someone was walking on the tracks (bottom left), but I've always thought it was cool how trains handle snow at surface stops.

^ Hard to top those, but:

1230001531.jpg

No idea why someone was walking on the tracks (bottom left), but I've always thought it was cool how trains handle snow at surface stops.

To get a view of where the train is. When the BLS kids get out of school the platform gets packed and you would need to step onto the track to see if the train is coming.

Does everyone know what that yellow/green thing is for? It's a neat story.

It's to protect the coupler and cables from ice and snow. Some Orange Line trains have it, too, and will even remain in place year-round. I've never seen it on the commuter rail before that day, though.

Back