The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

bakgwailo

Reaction score
At least the 'If you lived here, you'd be home" sign was a slightly clever/amusing.

HenryAlan

Reaction score
I was amused by that sign for many years, but then I learned the history of the neighborhood. I wouldn't say that it was an intentional troll of former West Enders, but I definitely think it was somewhat thoughtless.

HarvardP

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if those of you decrying the marketing quips' purported careless treatment of displaced West Enders will in turn stump for community workforce training, 25% affordable units, shelters, day programs, and addiction services in the new spires that simply must be built...

If the idea is met with crickets, perhaps some introspection as to who's actually getting screwed could be on the menu?

Scott

Reaction score
^Well then tell us about your many wonderful accomplishments and we will follow your example. Tell us what it was like to be a poor city kid. Tell us how you made it all by yourself?

HenryAlan

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if those of you decrying the marketing quips' purported careless treatment of displaced West Enders will in turn stump for community workforce training, 25% affordable units, shelters, day programs, and addiction services in the new spires that simply must be built...

If the idea is met with crickets, perhaps some introspection as to who's actually getting screwed could be on the menu?
I have spent a career working in all of these areas, so yes. But that is not the subject matter of this board.

whighlander

Reaction score
DZH22 -- you've got a great vantage point for the Verizon Building
I'm beginning to really enjoy it from "back side"

whighlander

Reaction score
The Verizon Building is looking better now that the Cambridge Crossing (NorthPoint) buildings are going up. They are so mediocre that the Verizon Building actually looks good by comparison.
Charlie -- as the Verizon gets more and more finished -- I like it more and more
It has that Fractal-type façade -- a grid within a grid
there is enough variation provided by the cantilevered balcony boxes that the whole thing doesn't look too box-like
Finally there is the Red Checkmark -- only it should have been twice as large

I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that there is no permanent external elevator on one corner -- essentially where the construction elevator is located

stefal

Reaction score
there is enough variation provided by the cantilevered balcony boxes that the whole thing doesn't look too box-like
Eh, I still read the thing as a bunch of boxes thrown together.

A nice gateway tower statement - "Welcome to Boxton, home of the box"

At least we're not selling ourselves as something we're not, I suppose.

Charlie_mta

Reaction score

"Boxton" --- LOL

whighlander

Reaction score

Stefal

Its all about Diversity

From each Entre to Boston by road, water or air -- we present a different style and mixture of icons:

From the south there will be South Station and Winthrop and back a bit Millennium​
From the Pike there will be a stepping upward from the Sneaker factory to Car Gurus, the Four Seasons, Pru [possibly another tower on the old parking garage] and then back a bit 200 Clarendon​
From MIT on the Charles there is the High Spine flowing into DTX and Beacon Hill and around to North Station​
From Logan there is the panorama from North Station to the South Boston Waterfront​
From I-93 over the bridge there is the North Station Towers and then further to the right the Tower replacing the formerly Basketball City parking garage and in the midst somewhere the Towers on the top of / in place of the Gov't Center Parking Garage​

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
The new Central Place in Sydney Australia is very un-boxy, and would have looked great at North Station. I like the base that was built along Causeway Street, but would have liked towers like these (instead of the two towers built plus the Avalon). Note: I horizontally flipped the image to better fit the positioning of the three towers at North Station.