The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Them closing could just be a step to bankruptcy and reopening as a new business doing the same thing?

Speaking of not being the banner year (sorry) it should have been, has the Hub Food Hall said anything recently?

Still "Coming Soon" on their website and on the doors. Instagram hasn't been updated in a year. It looks like most of the major work is done (as it should be, this was expected to open a while ago), and it's a matter of "when." The website has a "Now Hiring - All Positions!" banner for Hub Hall and Momosan which would be a good sign, but if you click it, there are no postings for either place (only Banners and misc. TD Garden jobs). I'm not sure which vendors are still committed at this point either - I follow a few on Instagram and none of them have indicated that anything is imminent (or even that they're still moving forward). I wouldn't guess we'll see anything until at least the summer months (mid-June), and potentially not until the basketball and hockey seasons start again in the fall.

Alamo Drafthouse has a similar concept to Arclight from what I understand. I believe theyre in bankruptcy, but the reorg type, not the close forever type. Maybe an opportunity?

Hub on Causeway vs New North Station

1618547599619.png

The analogy I am drawing is that there still may be a strong market for the theater experience, even if not as large as previously.
I suspect we'll see a larger market for the theater experience post-pandemic, as people are desperate to spend more time outside of their homes. Going to a theater is a great way to scratch that itch.

What a damned shame! 😡 It was a great place! They built from scratch to create something beautiful…a great place to see a movie. Did not even have a six month run. The businesses in this city have been ravaged. Will take years to recover…if that is ever possible.
It was amazing.
^^ I can't wait until they finish the State Street tower so that it can pull my attention from the hideous Verizon building. Good god is it hideous from this angle.
I love the Verizon building. Its my favorite new building in the west end. Just wait until its lit up; the orange bump outs are going to look perfect behind TD garden. It's a real strong, sporty looking building thats perfect for its context. Just one man's opinion though.

Above all, I think if situations around being open improve, the food hall plus occupied towers plus fully utilized entertainment will finally allow HoC to hit its peak. We've seen some liveliness of this pre-pandemic, but I'm excited for this at its full operation.

Absolutely ridiculous to me that the jut-outs don't have balconies on the tops of each.

Absolutely ridiculous to me that the jut-outs don't have balconies on the tops of each.
Think of them as modern-day bastions. If Boston ever gets invaded by land from the north, you’re gonna wanna be in a bump out.

I like the Verizon. Sure its squat and bulky but at least its interesting. Its not another glass box or generic stuff like the nearby Avalon.
It has a distinct look for better or worse. My wife visited the city for the first time and the only buildings she commented on were One Boston Place, Hancock, 33 Arch and this one.

Back