The Kensington | 665 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Residences at Kensington

Isn't One Broomfield starting this year too?

^^What? I haven't heard any news on that in forever. I was hoping it was dead.

Pushing a little dirt around over at the site....

This project is new to me but it looks alright urbanistically. The density is good.

Was this supposed to get started this summer? I went by the site and there was nothing going on...

KP Residences LLC will appear before the City of Boston Board of Appeals on August 9 at 9:30 AM to discuss variances from the state building code.

Building proposed to include 27-stories with 381 residential units, retail space, and parking.

Word from Kensington developer is August 18th groundbreaking. Hong Lok House, which received linkage funding from Kensington, groundbreaking/celebration is August 4th 10am.

Soooo... September probably?

Soooo... September probably?

Lets see, Yawkey broke ground in November, and next July, ground is still unbroken.

But fan pier broke ground in June and there was a crane the very next week.

So put me down for.........April!

The rental market in this city is white hot at the moment. There was no reason to award this project concessions, like allowing a three-level above-ground parking garage, removing of promised retail and releasing them from the promise of creating a pedestrian, retail-lined street at Boylston Sq.

Also, the initial design was to reproduce the massing of the buildings demolished to make way for it, thus preserving the rhythm of Washington St. Is this still the case? Why have no visualizations of the modified proposal been released?

Would it be smart to build below ground parking deck adjacent to the T? Obviously the Filene's site has the same issue, but I believe the Orange line was buried after they basement was already dug, so that engineering challenge probably fell to the T.

Would it be smart to build below ground parking deck adjacent to the T? Obviously the Filene's site has the same issue, but I believe the Orange line was buried after they basement was already dug, so that engineering challenge probably fell to the T.

Would love to see a fully automated garage -- no people allowed -- no exhaust -- so the garage can be packaged inside the core of a building either above or below ground and no one need know its there

There have been some prototypes built in Germany a few years ago -- not sure about how successful they've been commercially

As far as traditional above grade garage -- put it above the retail / pedestrian level and use the right kind of facade to disguise it and why not

So, that Kensington Place groundbreaking? Guess it was for show? Project hasn't started, according to the Boston Herald article about the Jacob Wirth's parking lot.

In addition, Kensington, a 29-story residential building containing 395 rental units with ground floor retail shops, is slated to break ground later this year at the lower end of Washington Street in Downtown Crossing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/busines...n_edge_of_chinatown/srvc=home&position=recent

So, that Kensington Place groundbreaking? Guess it was for show? Project hasn't started, according to the Boston Herald article about the Jacob Wirth's parking lot.

Post 190 mentions an August 18th groundbreaking.

Hmm. Is the 18th a ceremonial groundbreaking or start of construction? The Mayor just left on a week-long cruise to Alaska. I'm skeptical he'd miss any media opportunity!

John, I'm surprised you missed this in the Jacob Worth Globe article:

Several other developers with large apartment projects downtown include Kensington Investment Co., which wants to begin construction next spring on a 29-story building at the corner of LaGrange and Washington streets;

*FACEPALM*

Back