Tree House Residence Hall Tower @ MassArt | 578 Huntington Avenue | Fenway

Re: Mass Art Dormitory

I fully-support the return of '70s color schemes. This might be an acceptable Alucobond installation. WE SHALL SEE...

Alucabond can indeed be used creatively. Just look at the MacAllen Bldg. It's just like most other materials (except pre-cast concrete exterior wall modules which seem to invariably be cheap shit) in that regard. If this building is actually Alucabond you have to admit they're at least trying.

I'm doing a hard-hat tour of this building on Friday. I'll try to take pictures for you guys.

Sure hope this doesn't end up looking like Plywood Ranch.

A friend of mine told me about it; told me to register on this website:

http://www.commonboston.org/cb11/hard-hat-tour-of-massart-new-residence-hall/

It's a free tour, and I'm sure if anyone else is interested that you can still register for it. And again, it's at noon tomorrow.

Studio starts at 1:10. I could definitely go! My professor is going to be absent anyway.

Edit: There's a typo after you click register. The date switches to Jun 25. I just called them and confirmed that it is Jun 24. They're gonna fix the typo.

Last edited:

Studio starts at 1:10. I could definitely go! My professor is going to be absent anyway.

Edit: There's a typo after you click register. The date switches to Jun 25. I just called them and confirmed that it is Jun 24. They're gonna fix the typo.

I called the number and they confirmed it was the 24th.

When I registered it also changed the date. They said they'd fix it so everything says the 24th.

Also, I like how the map of the location takes you to some projects in Southie. There's two Ward Streets in Boston....

I called the number and they confirmed it was the 24th.

When I registered it also changed the date. They said they'd fix it so everything says the 24th.

Also, I like how the map of the location takes you to some projects in Southie. There's two Ward Streets in Boston....
The map now shows the correct Ward St (behind Beatty) too.

So 3 of us archBostoners will be there? Awesome!

Woop, woop!

Supposed to rain tomorrow, hope that doesn't change anything if it is raining from 12-1.

Could we maybe try to meetup somewhere close to the site beforehand, just to meet each other first? It could just be at the back corner of 610 or something.

What about a Dunks or something? Or any place that has tolerable food. I likely won't have a chance to eat lunch tomorrow unless I grab something nearby.

I'm already walking over with a friend tomorrow. I'll probably be wearing a blue "Island School" sweatshirt during the tour if you try to look for me/introduce yourselves.

Well, closest Dunkies is Brigham Circle.

I'm already walking over with a friend tomorrow. I'll probably be wearing a blue "Island School" sweatshirt during the tour if you try to look for me/introduce yourselves.

Woah, wait up, you went to the Island School?

Hell, a meetup a might actually be able to attend? I'll do my damnedest to be there. Did anyone decide on a good location to meet beforehand?

Can we just do Dunkin Brigham Circle at... Err 11:15?

Sry this is so late I just got out of work.

Woah, wait up, you went to the Island School?

Yeah; I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

I'll actually try to meet up with you guys at Dunkin' tomorrow also. I just have to bike there, and I'm really hating this weather.

Back