Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive - Parcel C | Seaport

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Assessing seems like a B.S field. One year the value of my condo decreased $20k and another year it increased $10k. Personally, I motherfuckin loved it when it got assessed at a lower value because it also lowered my taxes. Plus, it does nothing to the value of your condo when you want to sell it. When I put my condo on the market, it was assessed at a lower price than when I bought it, but I still made a healthy profit on it!!!!

BosDev doesn't know what he's talking about. He's probably never owned any real estate. Your taxes are determined by what the city of Boston accesses. The accessed value of a condo/home is usually much lower than the market value. PLUS, once you get a residential exemption, your taxes are cut by 33-45%.

Didn't think I would ever have to run down my real estate holdings on this board but I've actually owned 3 pieces of real estate in my life including a one bedroom condo downtown 18 years ago, a 2 bedroom condo in Coolidge Corner a decade ago and a 4 bedroom home in a MetroWest suburb for the last 8 years. But I suppose I should just shut up and let the "access" expert tell us all how things are done. Please tell us more how the accessing process works.

^well, if you bothered to read the posts before you posted this lame comment you might have had a better idea on how assessing in Boston works. I'm not your Mommy, you're going to have to read the posts yourself!

^^^ That last image looks to be salt water intrusion from the harbor. If so, wonder if the level goes up and down with the tide.

^^ You may be correct, but there are no pumps on site. It has always had a lot of water in the low areas of the site.

I get the whole waterfront living, view of the city, etc, but you also look out at the Deer Island water treatment plant and the expanse of Logan airport. Also, I can't imagine having planes either taking off or landing over my place all day long.

I would take that over any view of the East River.

I get the whole waterfront living, view of the city, etc, but you also look out at the Deer Island water treatment plant and the expanse of Logan airport. Also, I can't imagine having planes either taking off or landing over my place all day long.

I spend a fair amount of time in the Federal Courthouse on Fan Pier and have never once heard an airplane from inside the building. Presumably a very high end condo building can have similar outside noise protections.

I spend a fair amount of time in the Federal Courthouse on Fan Pier and have never once heard an airplane from inside the building. Presumably a very high end condo building can have similar outside noise protections.

The state should sell and relocate the Federal Courthouse that is the best land in the city.

Sell that land and relocate the courts to Govt Center.

The state should sell and relocate the Federal Courthouse that is the best land in the city.

It's a federal courthouse, and the Federal Government (for better or worse) isn't in the business of flipping real estate.

ditto^

The solution is to live in eastie and enjoy the view of downtown instead:

Eastie+Sunrise+-+Auggie.JPG

The solution is to live in eastie and enjoy the view of downtown instead:

Eastie+Sunrise+-+Auggie.JPG

Exactly.

Why look out at the mess when you can live IN the mess and look out FROM it!

(Just kidding - - that looks like a beautiful view and Eastie does seem to be making some nice inroads).

Riff -- drop the weapon -- its fouling again

Do you even read your own posts before you hit Submit

"The state should sell and relocate the Federal Courthouse" -- which two entities are miss-associated -- who owns a Federal Courthouse?

Back