W Hotel | 100 Stuart St | Theater District

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: W Hotel

I don't get it. Isn't all glass "clear"?

Actually no glass is clear.

Most of it has a greenish tint (just look at the edge of a piece of glass). The amount of it's "clearness", or lack thereof is based on other performance properties (emissivity, transmittance, reflectance, shading coeff, U-value).

Mike, what year is that older shot? '99 or 2000?

2717443894_26599c48b2_o.jpg

What? No doors?

Waal, I'll be hornswaggled.

The main door is on the corner. Right behind where the plywood is now. The the right where the steel beams are sticking out will be the vehicle pull through.

I took a walk through of the site last week. In the basements, they will have double length car lifts for parking. They'll have four cars in each double length stall. Even with that, there won't be much parking available.
________
Rehab Forum

Last edited:

I can hear the cop now, "I DARE THIS BUILDING TO BREAK THE LAW!"

Or, "In the reflection of that glass, I can see my life quietly washing away into nothingness."

I walked past the consturction site today and these guys are moving fast. They have the opening day set for August 2009, and it looks they are going to make it. I can't wait to see the glass lit up at night. With the paramount theather, modern theater this area is going to be booming.

Or, in my case, I forsee 7 tee times between Thursday and Sunday of this week at Owl's Nest! Gotta love a mini-vacation!!!

I walked by today at around 11:30 AM. All the workers were assembled across the street next to the Met, I mean, the Wang, I mean, citi Center.

Why would that be? Do you think they clear the building at certain times for lunch, or could it have been a fire drill or what? My friend thought it was a strike, but obviously not.

I know, I could have asked, but wonder if there's anything anyone knows that might be interesting.

Any recent pictures of this project?

Nice! Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the finished product.

As this has been going up 2 floors at a time, they are just now starting up the final 2 floors, then there is the jagged "crown" top which is approximately 2 more floors after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back